Exotic birds in Australia

TipX

Jun 28, 2010
Hey everyone, I just have a question regarding exotic birds (non-native) here in Australia. I read that all exotic birds need to have a trail of origin to prove they are legal, and that the trail must have gone threw the NEBRS. What happens if the original bird it was bred from was imported before NEBRS was established but was never registered with them. I know most here won't know anything about this, but for those who do or know someone in Australia that might please leave me a reply.

I hope to hear replies from people in order to shed some light on this subject.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I would expect there to be some sort of grandfather clause or similar as long as the birds can be proven that they were bred within Australia.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
I'm sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about. I do know that you can email the Australian Quarantine Information Service to ask questions like this, though. I imported some violet seeds a few years back and AQIS was very helpful about what I needed to do. I don't have the contact details any more, but just google them. That should get you close to the info you're after!

Most Reactions

Latest posts