Exotic Recipies

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Pepsi and sprite, both are American male budgies
I made my first scrambled egg ! Just had to get that out of my system lol. I am really getting into cooking so I thought we could post our favorite exotic or casual Recipies. I know some Indian Recipies for tea that you might like.

Chai ( Indian Style Tea )

You will need,

1) a sauce pan
2) a cup of water for each person
3) 2 or 3 green cardamom ( your choice if want to add )
4) milk
5) A TEA Spoon of black tea powder for each person

Directions

1) For each person, pour in a full cup of water into the saucepan on the stove setting on HIGH

2) when it starts steaming if you want put in the 2 or 3 green cardamoms. Then when it starts bubbling , put in a teaspoon of black tea powder for each person you are serving .

3) When it starts fully bubbling it's time to add the milk. Pour in a quarter cup of milk for each person. It should be a nice , light shade of brown.

4) wait till it starts bubbling, don't be suprised if it starts rising and falling. When it rises so high that it is about to come out of the pot , quickly move it off the stovetop to serve. Put in as much sugar as you like

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Thanks for the recipie. I absolutly love Chai tea:)

OP
Birdlover11

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
Your welcome ! It's the way home style way my family makes it. It's been in my family for generations

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Where do you get black tea powder? what brand? Can you use a teabag? :)

OP
Birdlover11

Birdlover11

Aug 23, 2012
Long island
Parrots
It's a little hard to find in ordinary super markets , do you have any Indian stores near you ? It's an Indian brand, called Danedar . Though it doesn't matter what brand you get. If your store has green tea mix, it will most likely have it.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
Thanks I will have to hunt. We have quite a few ethnic markets with a couple of towns around here and I will also check the health food stores. That's it I am on a mission now:D and I really want some Chai tea:D:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts