Eye candy for Grey lovers... or anybody!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
I love wild footage... of any and all.

This one has amazing panorama, action, and color!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OROGtzDGk7c"]Where the Wild Greys Are - Grey Parrot Conservation, Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
OMG look at all those "Smokeys"!! How cool was it to watch 'em zoom off with their red tails! Thanks for sharing Gail! :D

Jim

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... of course... they reminded you of your precious Smokey and the Rainbow Bridge, I bet.
My pleasure.

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
I don't like these video, just b/c they show us the harsh reality of how they are too often treated. It's truly sad, and sad to see any animal species harmed or face the struggle for survival as a whole.

I recently saw a program about the species of animals that have gone extinct in just the 20-21st centuries. It's a bummer.

OP
GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
I actually agree, DRB, mostly. I'm so squeamish that I often don't listen to the voice-over, or I stop a video if it starts to show something sad...
I try to post upbeat videos as a rule. :)

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
In Africa, wildlife in general is suffering. Our endemic Meyers Parrots of Malawi can still be seen on the odd day in the garden, eating fruit from the trees or hassling the neighbours dogs.

When you drive the landscape here, its beauty is overwhelming and the poverty staggering. However, in Malawi we have seen a success in conservation and are among few countries (if any others) that have an almost overpopulation of elephants!

The problems and solutions to what we see here is above my pay grade but we try to do what we can. We have a charcoal replacement briquette we market for cooking as our beautiful continent is becoming devoid of trees. But people need to cook. What to do? Fuel briquettes made of leaves, grass, corn stalk cast offs is a start. We need so much more!

But good things are happening. We keep trying.

End of soapbox moment.

Most Reactions