Falling?

Kalixe

Feb 24, 2015
Heath, Ohio
Parrots
"Ivy" Green Cheeked Conure
Recently brought home a green cheek. I'm wondering if anybody has experienced their fid falling to the bottom of the cage when playing with toys or if I should be worried. She never falls when on her perches; only when climbing on her toys. It almost seems as though she loses her footing. After she falls she makes her little "opps" noise and climbs right back up to her toy to continue playing. She was at the vet today for a new bird checkup. Clinically healthy. Vet says she is in excellent shape. Any imput would be greatly appreciated!

kimn818

Apr 23, 2014
North Hollywood, CA
Parrots
Loco- Male YellowSided GCC
Peepsie- Female Parakeet
Tweety- Male Parakeet
Think of them like a baby/toddler.. they tend to be clumsy until they get a bit older. If you hear them fall just make sure they haven't hurt their wings or feet.

FCx

Feb 11, 2015
Parrots
-Female Sun Conure
-White Bellied Caique
-Female Blue Crowned Pinous
My conure used to do that all the time. As long as there are no signs of illness (extended periods of fluffed feathers, lack of appetite, etc) it should be totally fine ^^

OneHorseRanch

May 25, 2014
California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure, Sheldon. Hatch date: 7/27/13
SHeldon would fall quit often when we first brought him home. he would be playing mostly and just get carried away. It a miracle he made it to a year old. LOL. He hardly falls now. When he does, he looks around to see if anyone was watching, and then crawls back up and continue playing.

Most Reactions