Family considering getting a parrot. So many questions. Help!

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Haha yeah the hyacinth is his own special kind of loud:D Jeannes baby is a hyacinth macaw who has adopted me as his girlfriend but seriously the guy is way too noisy at times! She has about 12 other macaws in the room with him but boy can he be heard very distinctly even when they are all going off.

You can teach a macaw to loosen his grip on your arm! My mothers macaw Max has learned that a tap on the foot means he needs to loosen up on the grip.

I had to laugh.

We were at the corner gas station. My friend's Hy's were out in the back yard aviary. They were LOUDLY voicing their displeasure about not being able to come with...

The gas station was TWO BLOCKS away... and people were startled, and looking around wondering where that was coming from.

We knew.

Hy's and M2's can drown out jet engines revving up for takeoff when they are not happy!

faeryphoebe1

Feb 1, 2013
Media
San Antonio, Texas
Parrots
Trixie, Sunny & Gonzo♡♡♡
Haha yeah the hyacinth is his own special kind of loud:D Jeannes baby is a hyacinth macaw who has adopted me as his girlfriend but seriously the guy is way too noisy at times! She has about 12 other macaws in the room with him but boy can he be heard very distinctly even when they are all going off.

You can teach a macaw to loosen his grip on your arm! My mothers macaw Max has learned that a tap on the foot means he needs to loosen up on the grip.

I had to laugh.

We were at the corner gas station. My friend's Hy's were out in the back yard aviary. They were LOUDLY voicing their displeasure about not being able to come with...

The gas station was TWO BLOCKS away... and people were startled, and looking around wondering where that was coming from.

We knew.

Hy's and M2's can drown out jet engines revving up for takeoff when they are not happy!

^^^That's hilarious! I can imagine the puzzled looks on their faces as they were trying to mentally work out what that was causing such a raucous.

Most Reactions

Latest posts