Feather bronzing and stress bars on my Indian ringneck.

Birdlover23

Jun 16, 2018
My parrot has many stress bars all around his body including feather bronzing. The feathers have stayed the same since his first molt. He is 1 years old by the way. I feed him zupreme pellets fruity mix and I provide him with vitamin drops in his water. I let him fly around the house a lot and I also feed him seed occasionally. His beak also has lots of black on it. I don’t know if it’s going away or if it’s staying the same. I used to put him in the sun but now that he can fly I can’t really bring him outside. He is tame and not scared of hands or anything. He doesn’t preen to much and his tail is growing back. Please help me get his beautiful feathers back. image.jpg

Last edited:

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Best bet is a vet check. Could be something internal. Also I think it would be worth while to try harness training him.

OP
B

Birdlover23

Jun 16, 2018
Best bet is a vet check. Could be something internal. Also I think it would be worth while to try harness training him.

There are no vets close to me most of them are like a 5 hour drive from me. Is there anything else.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
There's really nothing someone can do via the internet because we don't know your bird and we can't physically analyse your bird or do tests to figure out if something may be wrong. and we aren't professionals in avian medicine like a CAV would be. Your best bet is a vet, at least call one and see what they say.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Or look into zoos or avian rescues / rehabilitation centers around you. they may be able to help.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome to you and your IRN!

If you absolutely cannot locate a certified avian vet, you might get some basic information from one specializing in "exotics." While I generally don't recommend such practice, they might provide general assistance.

Zupreem pellets are vitamin fortified, and I'd suggest you not give such supplements unless specifically advised by a competent vet. A diet rich with vegetables/fruits is typically best.

Most Reactions