Feeding 4 week okdbaby sun conure

Sera

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Nanday conure
Sun conure
Kakariki
Quaker
So I just bought what I was told to be a 4 week old sun conure. The breeders had fully weaned ones but they were insane and didnā€™t even like the breeder let alone me. They also offered the newborn which was irresponsible on their part and my dumbass took it cause I wanted to raise it. Iā€™ve weaned a kakariki for like 2 weeks max since it was already fledging ( I did lie to breeder about how I have done it before so she was good and woukd never hand it over to someone inexperienced, even though I was). So I thought I could do it since I learned a lot, but she gave me a syringe and thank god I still have the feeding spoon from my kakarikis breeder cause I heard a lot of risky things abs Iā€™m no where near experienced enough to use that.
Anyway my question is how long can I leave the baby sun conure without food? Iā€™ll upload a photo to show how old it looks, but I want to take it with me to travel and it might need to stay hungry for 7-8 hours, I hope thatā€™s not too long. And do you guys think itā€™ll be fine for travel? I also didnā€™t realize how expensive it would be and why southwest doesnā€™t allow birds, if the did all my troubles would be solved.

Attachments

• 175391F8-0009-4201-AEC1-871A687AE058.jpeg
    175391F8-0009-4201-AEC1-871A687AE058.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 67CE370D-397B-465E-A0B5-530A32BCAF48.jpeg
    67CE370D-397B-465E-A0B5-530A32BCAF48.jpeg
    285.7 KB · Views: 13

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
I don't have any experience with baby birds, as all of mine are adult rescues, but here's a thread that might be of some help.

Otherwise, can you bring him back to the breeder, or a different breeder to finish weaning? It's worth swallowing a little pride if it keeps your baby alive, you know?

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
7-8 HOURS?? My adult parrot would be screaming for food. At 4 weeks a chick would want food every 4-5 hours. He will let you know when he is hungry.

OP
Sera

Sera

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Nanday conure
Sun conure
Kakariki
Quaker
Ok yea I didnā€™t end up going through with it since itā€™s super cold, sheā€™ll be cold and hungry, I almost cried when I went to cargo, im gonna go back to get her. But now I need to know if a health certificate is mandatory if I want to go to New York with it in cabin

Most Reactions

Latest posts