Feeding questions~

Takaaaa

Dec 23, 2013
Hawaii
Parrots
Two Lutino Lovebirds
Greetings,
So I just adopted an adorable 4week (what the pet store claimed, but seem a bit older to me) GC Turquoise. Just so cute!
Here he is!

So I'm not totally new to handfeeding as I raised two Lutino Lovebirds. But as every bird is different, I thought I would gain more knowledge every chance I can.
So right now I have him at a 3 times a day feeding. But I noticed in between he does nosh on seeds/pellet mix that I keep in his area, also noshing on some millet. I noticed that he takes less formula, maybe three teaspoons and just walks away refusing to eat more.
I monitor his poop and it looks good. looks like its mostly seeds/pellets.

I think he may be older than 4weeks, but maybe its time to drop a feed?

Eugooglizer

Nov 25, 2013
Underland
Parrots
Ezio the Nanday Conure & Buddy the Jenday Conure
I'm not even close to being knowledgeable enough to offer any advice or help with your feeding questions, but I had to tell you that I absolutely adore turquoise GCCs and if I were to get another bird, they would most definitely be at the top of my list! Your little guy/girl is already gorgeous :32:

OP
Takaaaa

Takaaaa

Dec 23, 2013
Hawaii
Parrots
Two Lutino Lovebirds
I'm not even close to being knowledgeable enough to offer any advice or help with your feeding questions, but I had to tell you that I absolutely adore turquoise GCCs and if I were to get another bird, they would most definitely be at the top of my list! Your little guy/girl is already gorgeous :32:

Thank you so much! he/she (going to get it sexed once a bit older) really is just adorable and their softer voices are just so adorable. I love him so much. haha

Most Reactions

Latest posts