LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Where can i buy fertile parrot eggs?
Please do not buy a parrot egg, either online or anywhere else, because it is 100% a scam. I was a moderator on this forum for a while, and both I and the current mod team will all tell you that the moment anyone shows up here selling parrot eggs, their account is immediately banned. Why? Because they will purport to be in a Western country like US/UK/Australia etc, but when they turn up here (and the Mods see them here all the time!), a quick check of their IP credentials will show they're usually based somewhere like Cameroon or China. The usual experience is that an unsuspecting buyer will send them money and maybe they might get a chicken's egg in return, or usually get nothing back at all and may even have their credit card hacked or their identity stolen as part of the scam. Plus no ethical local breeder will sell parrot eggs either, because they know that raising parrots is not the simple matter that the online scammers would have you believe. It does not guarantee the parrot won't bite, nor does it guarantee that the parrot will bond with you. You are much better off saving your money towards a healthy fully weaned baby, or perhaps if you have a parrot rescue near you, you could visit them and have the parrot choose you - they tend to be MUCH better at making that choice for a lifelong companion than we are anyway. :)

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I will trade you 1 Brooklyn Bridge for 3 fertile parrot eggs. Better yet, 3 fertilized Roc eggs!

Just joking, parrot eggs, unless your parrot laid them, are scams, 100% of the time.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I will trade you 1 Brooklyn Bridge for 3 fertile parrot eggs. Better yet, 3 fertilized Roc eggs!

Just joking, parrot eggs, unless your parrot laid them, are scams, 100% of the time.
No breeder would ever sell fertile parrot eggs. Even a disreputable breeder would keep them and hatch them and try to sell the babies unweaned.

Most Reactions