Festive Birdie Play Stand

MysticMagic

Jul 19, 2018
It's Christmas in July here! I'm on vacation, sight-seeing, and they had a Christmas shop I had to go into. Well, lo and behold, this "tree" caught my attention.

http://imgur.com/DKgnofb

It was made by a local artist and was simply a display piece (not for sale), but with some modifying to make it sturdier I could pretty immediately see a bird having a blast chewing up all those branches and knocking off toy ornaments around the holidays. It was made of a soft wood, and each "level" of branches rotates in the middle so they can be spinned.

Of course I don't have a bird yet, so I don't know if it would work, but if it gives anyone some ideas of what to leave their parrot under the tree I hoped to share it with you... Anyone that has the craftsman skills to build this of course.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Oh that DOES look fun for a bird! Haha I somehow doubt that’s what the artist was going for, but it’s ingenious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C3mommy

Mar 14, 2018
Nampa, Idaho
Parrots
Quaker Parrot- Gamora
It's Christmas in July here! I'm on vacation, sight-seeing, and they had a Christmas shop I had to go into. Well, lo and behold, this "tree" caught my attention.

http://imgur.com/DKgnofb

It was made by a local artist and was simply a display piece (not for sale), but with some modifying to make it sturdier I could pretty immediately see a bird having a blast chewing up all those branches and knocking off toy ornaments around the holidays. It was made of a soft wood, and each "level" of branches rotates in the middle so they can be spinned.

Of course I don't have a bird yet, so I don't know if it would work, but if it gives anyone some ideas of what to leave their parrot under the tree I hoped to share it with you... Anyone that has the craftsman skills to build this of course.
That's pretty cool... I think that would be a birdies paradise :)

Most Reactions