Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
So... I don't know if it's a good idea or not.... but I just wanted to train drawing dragons from "How To Train Dragon". Because it's a parrot forum, I thought about you dropping your fids and I will try to "insert" its colors to one of the dragon species. Example what I mean:
40460080_2066427096748829_6639340847668133888_n.jpg

green cheeked nightmare.png

Notes:
- I will try to use different dragon species but I also can repeat them (eg. if you drop a GCC pic, I may make another "green-cheeked nightmare" (just different mutation, for the same ones, I won't be repeating) or to use another dragon species)
- Probably in most cases I will be using ready poses from Internet (I forgot to credit - this pose comes from here: https://www.deviantart.com/kappadori/art/The-Monstrous-Nightmare-368760446 ) In next tries of drawin' the species, I may start trying to create new poses
- if you want, you also can choose preferences (eg, you like one species and you want it too or you don't want something). I don't promise anything but probably it shouldn't be a problem
- I may change patterns typical for feathers to typical for the dragon species

If you want an art of your actual fid, I have a separated thread here: https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/trying-some-art-your-fids.87467/ It's already 3 years old and my art is outdated there but it's still open - I just will be continuing it in a different way (if you want to to take part in both threads, it's also fine)

Last edited:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
So... I don't know if it's a good idea or not.... but I just wanted to train drawing dragons from "How To Train Dragon". Because it's a parrot forum, I thought about you dropping your fids and I will try to "insert" its colors to one of the dragon species. Example what I mean:
View attachment 55560
View attachment 55559

Notes:
- I will try to use different dragon species but I also can repeat them (eg. if you drop a GCC pic, I may make another "green-cheeked nightmare" (just different mutation, for the same ones, I won't be repeating) or to use another dragon species)
- Probably in most cases I will be using ready poses from Internet (I forgot to credit - this pose comes from here: https://www.deviantart.com/kappadori/art/The-Monstrous-Nightmare-368760446 ) In next tries of drawin' the species, I may start trying to create new poses
- if you want, you also can choose preferences (eg, you like one species and you want it too or you don't want something). I don't promise anything but probably it shouldn't be a problem

If you want an art of your actual fid, I have a separated thread here: https://www.parrotforums.com/threads/trying-some-art-your-fids.87467/ It's already 3 years old and my art is outdated there but it's still open - I just will be continuing it in a different way (if you want to to take part in both threads, it's also fine)
Oh Rozzy, this is GREAT!! You've just GOTTA make Lovejoy into a dragon for me, please and thank you!!! πŸ₯°

ljlittleface.jpeg

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Lovejoy is a small lorikeet species and I chose a small dragon species πŸ˜‰
806f44d9-ff48-4882-b63b-2d410f9bd281.png

While doing it, I thought that it is my worst idea ever but after finishing it, the dashes saved him somehow

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
One of Albies nicknames is Terrible Terror ,its exactly where i got it from ,these are great!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Lovejoy is a small lorikeet species and I chose a small dragon species πŸ˜‰
View attachment 55571
While doing it, I thought that it is my worst idea ever but after finishing it, the dashes saved him somehow
Oh Rozzy, that's PERFECT!! You've captured that knowing smile of his so well, and you even included all his little yellow dashes!! it's just SO cute!!! Thank you, I LOVE IT!!! 😍😍😍

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Can you please do one of Lilly? Now there's a little dragon if ever there was one!!

View attachment 55576
b7914d4f-985b-4eab-9821-08cd703094d9.png

Sorry, it didn't work well

(I drew another head shape than actual hobgobbers but I am ok with that. I just don't think that in these colors it looks well)
I prefer real Lilly πŸ˜‰

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
View attachment 55579

(I drew another head shape than actual hobgobbers but I am ok with that. I just don't think that in these colors it looks well)
I prefer real Lilly πŸ˜‰
Awwwwwwwwwwww Rozzy, this one turned out great!! Thank you for doing such a wonderful job with my precious little heart bird, I can't stop smiling cos it's just so cute!! πŸ₯°

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
View attachment 55579

I prefer real Lilly πŸ˜‰
These are wonderful! I always thought my Rocky had some fire breathing dragon dinosaur blood in her. Can you make a dragon out of a blue opaline budgie? The rest of her body looks like a blue and white budgie. Thanks!
IMG_20230108_111401576.jpg

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
These are wonderful! I always thought my Rocky had some fire breathing dragon dinosaur blood in her. Can you make a dragon out of a blue opaline budgie? The rest of her body looks like a blue and white budgie. Thanks!
View attachment 55585
Yeah, I can do her :) I'm not sure if today or tomorrow but I will. Just keep in mind that likely I will change the wing pattern because it is very typical for feathers and most dragons don't have feathers (I could try to add them but I'm bad in such things)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Yeah, I can do her :) I'm not sure if today or tomorrow but I will. Just keep in mind that likely I will change the wing pattern because it is very typical for feathers and most dragons don't have feathers (I could try to add them but I'm bad in such things)
I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with Rocky, @Rozalka, I think it's gonna look great!!

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
View attachment 55585
Done!
303af206-22fc-4668-8cdd-be6bfab49a31.png

Deadly nadders have characteristics circles on their wings, so I thought about trying to do them in colors from budgie pattern

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Done!
View attachment 55625
Deadly nadders have characteristics circles on their wings, so I thought about trying to do them in colors from budgie pattern
That is AMAZING!!

Can you do Jasper?
I don't have access to my photos rn, but let me know if you need a picture

OP
Rozalka

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
That is AMAZING!!

Can you do Jasper?
I don't have access to my photos rn, but let me know if you need a picture
Yes, I can.
It's ok, I remember he's a yellow-naped amazon and I always can search for Jasper thread (I remember that his pic is also in my main fids drawing thread because I was drawing him)

Also, thank you both

Most Reactions

Latest posts