Jan 15, 2022
Media
UAE, Abudhabi
Parrots
Yuko [M] - Yellow headed Budgie. [Healthy, Tame.]
Snowii [F] - BV dilute opaline lovebird. [Healthy, hand-raised.]
Luna [F] - Indigo budgie. [RIP,.]
Greetings, parronts.

So after my bird layed her egg (which i mentioned in another thread) she has a swelling near her went. And doing research, lipoma's near the cloaca block droppings. I do have an avian vet nearby, but the reviews of that doctor is not-so-good, so I want to reverse this lipoma ASAP. snowii is passing droppings, but they're more wet and less often. is it necessary that i get it surgically removed? i gave her extra flying time when I saw it. I will be training her more often to lose calories. And I;ll be giving her seeds very rarely(during training.) if you guys have some training tricks that may burn calories, please share. And I would also like advice on what to do, and when this may get serious. right now, the lump is small, and looks like as if snowii has eggbinding (but after feeling it, it was squishy, not its not really egg binding.).

thank you.

hiriki

Oct 19, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
(Birdie - Jenday Conure)
(Kiwi - Green Cheek Conure)
(Elby - Lovebird)
(Gorou & Liberty - Ringneck Doves)
Hi! Do you think you could get a picture? In my experience, after laying an egg some swelling around the vent is somewhat normal. One of my doves would sometimes take a few days to recover after an egg (usually if I noticed this I would try to give her some more calcium). If Snowii is able to pass poops, I'm wondering if it's not a lipoma but she just needs some recovery time?

OP
Featherii_Fids

Featherii_Fids

Jan 15, 2022
Media
UAE, Abudhabi
Parrots
Yuko [M] - Yellow headed Budgie. [Healthy, Tame.]
Snowii [F] - BV dilute opaline lovebird. [Healthy, hand-raised.]
Luna [F] - Indigo budgie. [RIP,.]
Hi! Do you think you could get a picture? In my experience, after laying an egg some swelling around the vent is somewhat normal. One of my doves would sometimes take a few days to recover after an egg (usually if I noticed this I would try to give her some more calcium). If Snowii is able to pass poops, I'm wondering if it's not a lipoma but she just needs some recovery time?
ah, this relieves me! Snowii's little lump near the vent is shrinking. I've been giving her more training yesterday and I got her a new cuttlebone! she spends and yuko spends most of their time trying to destroy it. Yes, snowii is able to pass her poops, you are right! she just needs some recovery time.

thank you very much!

Most Reactions

Latest posts