Figured I'd get around to something art-related, yeah?

jenphilly

Oct 15, 2013
Lehigh Valley, PA
Parrots
BE2 (Ivory), B&G Macaw (Max), Budgie Group,
Granbirds- tiels; GCC (Monkey & Monster); Sun Conure (Loki); Bare Eyed Too (Folger); Evil Green Monster YNA (Kelly); B&G (Titan)
@April: Really? You tell us about an awesome photoshoot that you did, and then say you can't show us?!? Smh. Such a tease! :p
Well some of the photos are a little on the gory side for a family website, but he has a few on his website that aren't *so bad*. Plus, even though I'm the subject, all the photos belong to him, so I'll link to what he posted online-

Christopher Marchetti Photography | Fashion Photography

Row 1- first photo/Row 4-2nd photo/Row 5-4th photo (that was the gore makeup)/Row 6- 1st pic is me (though not from that shoot) and then the 3rd photo. If that makes sense:)

I was hoping to see your interpretation of Redd Wing or Golden Helm, those are two of my favorites. I would have to guess at Victoria's favorite, but might be Moonlight, that was a print I ordered her for Xmas. Guessing Moonlight would really not be family friendly :)

Very cool to see model examples of Brom's art :)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I was hoping to see your interpretation of Redd Wing or Golden Helm, those are two of my favorites. I would have to guess at Victoria's favorite, but might be Moonlight, that was a print I ordered her for Xmas. Guessing Moonlight would really not be family friendly :)

Very cool to see model examples of Brom's art :)

We didn't do too much into imitating individual paintings. Just a general feel of Brom and Vellejo. The makeup in the first half of that shoot came from Stringer, then we got into the gore stuff. I LOVE redd wing too, but my favorite is probably the Brom dog, or Helexa. Does Victoria like Vellejo? If she likes Moonlight, then Vellejo's stuff would be right up her ally. Definitely not "family friendly" art though.

Last edited:

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
@April: Really? You tell us about an awesome photoshoot that you did, and then say you can't show us?!? Smh. Such a tease! :p

Well some of the photos are a little on the gory side for a family website, but he has a few on his website that aren't *so bad*. Plus, even though I'm the subject, all the photos belong to him, so I'll link to what he posted online-

Christopher Marchetti Photography | Fashion Photography

Row 1- first photo/Row 4-2nd photo/Row 5-4th photo (that was the gore makeup)/Row 6- 1st pic is me (though not from that shoot) and then the 3rd photo. If that makes sense:)

So wait, you were the model in every one of those pics you mentioned? Because, if so, WOW! You look like a completely different person in each one! The ability to become the character in each of those pics would be an art in and of itself. Sweet, April!

Is modeling your profession, then?

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
So wait, you were the model in every one of those pics you mentioned? Because, if so, WOW! You look like a completely different person in each one! The ability to become the character in each of those pics would be an art in and of itself. Sweet, April!

Is modeling your profession, then?

Just the 5 I listed, not every one of the photos on that page lol. The blonde hair was a long time ago, but the other ones were all taken the same night:). Chris (the photographer) has been a family friend forever. I did shoots with him sometimes for fun because I trust him and he knows my history. But in general, you couldn't pay me enough to offer up my body to that "industry". I have crohns disease and have a really hard time keeping on weight (as you can see). At one point I was down to 98lbs and happened to be at mall on a day where they were doing one of those "model seeking" events. I was there with a friend shopping, but one of those slimy modeling "scouts" FOLLOWED ME around jabbering on because he thought I looked "perfect" and had a "great look" and just would not leave me alone. I looked like I was on deaths door and here was this guy saying I was the best looking girl he'd seen all day. I have little control over my own weight, but I sure as hell am not going to get involved in an industry that promotes the body type of a sick person as "attractive" and entices healthy girls and women to become unhealthy. Ribs and hips that jut out may be interesting looking in an abstract art way, but not in a "other people should look like" this way as the modeling/fashion industry promotes. Sorry, but it's one of those things that irks me.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Yes, I definitely meant the five you'd mentioned. Haha! Considering that there were men and even a little boy in some of those photos, that would've been a feat of supernatural proportions. Lol!

But on a more serious note, I'm so sorry to hear that you have Crohn's disease. And I do get why you wouldn't want to model. You're right. In many cases, an underweight body type is held up as a paragon to which women should aspire. That aspect of the modeling world does seem a little less prevalent now than it had been a few years back, or at least not as extreme, but unfortunately it is still very much there.

You and Jen both have me quite curious about Brom and Vallejo, now. I think I'll do a google search, tonight.

Most Reactions