Finally a Mush Mac

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
I have had him for one year this month

Sorry no pictures I was to busy LOL> I was working in the kitchen. We got a new fridge so busy with that. BB came down from his cage. Across the kitchen floor. Climbed up my pants leg and just hung onto the waste band with his beak and at times his talons . Stayed there while I worked around the kitchen. Him getting a head scratch now and then of course

Later in the day I was sitting on the couch taking a break. He was on his play stand. Dogs outside again :) He climbed down the playstand across the floor up on the couch and into the arm of the couch. Stayed there for about 10 minutes while I opened pin feathers for him then climbed into my lap and just napped for about 10 min.

Amazing just amazing

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
This here is my face as I was reading your AWESOME description of BB's loving 'attitude'. --> :D :D :D <--

It's been a year already? :eek:

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Yeah A year this month. Oh and all feathers have filled in on his back His neck is filling in nice. Few areas that have only fluff on them but OMG what a baby .

The guys that delivered the fridge were so tickled watching him and talking with him. Thank Goodness he did not cuss once lol

He is still not a fan of my boyfriend yet but he is being nice at least. He will let him hang his toys in the cage now and not try to bite him

BB has come along long way

I will try to get some pictures this week or weekend coming up

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Just give it time, and he'll end up being the same way with your boyfriend.

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
I spent 30 - 45 min opening Pin Feathers for him Yesterday. I have done it before a few now and then but yesterday it was ...lean eyes rolled hahaha now and then and just chillin. I LOVE IT

He is also being very nice to my Boyfriend so THAT is a +

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I'm so happy for you and your burgeoning mush mac, Christine! You have both come so far in a year! Looking forward to those pics!

Roanoke

Oct 30, 2014
Greenville, SC
Parrots
Teeko, GCC [Baby Amazon ETA: August 25th]
Congrats! I'm so happy for you. Things will just get better from here, I'm sure!
Also happy anniversary with BB!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Awww! Such a sweet update! I can't believe it's been a year already! You and BB have made tremendous progress, plenty of reasons to celebrate your first year together. Happy Anniversary!

Weezerj

Mar 29, 2015
Portland, Oregon
Parrots
Illiger's Macaw (Loki)
You can't imagine how much your post gives me hope. I see constant improvement with my guy, but we've been together since June 1st, and he's getting more and more comfortable with me.....I'm so looking forward to that total trush/mush mac situation!

Congrats to you.....tho pics would have been a nice bonus

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
I will see what I can get picture wise this weekend. Seems every time he gets like this the cell phone or camera is across the room lol

Hang in there.

bigbluemacaw

Oct 23, 2015
Migratory :-) But UK mainly!
Parrots
Hyacinth Macaw; 'Blue' (born July 2013)
Fantastic! I am so pleased he is getting on with your Boyfriend too, as long as he feels he is an equal part of your relationship he should 'sit in the middle' (but on your lap) perfectly happily! A great story. God bless Mark

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I will see what I can get picture wise this weekend. Seems every time he gets like this the cell phone or camera is across the room lol

Hang in there.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....excuses excuses excuses. ;) LOVED reading your latest update, Christine!!! Way to go!!! :smile015:

Is Big still constantly disassembling/knocking down his toys? :D

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
Put a smile on my face this morning:) That's a great bit of news:D

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots

Hang in there.

Yeah, yeah, yeah....excuses excuses excuses. ;) LOVED reading your latest update, Christine!!! Way to go!!! :smile015:

Nope those stainless steel hose clamps worked > for now LOL He tries but so far no budge. His latest fun thing is coffee filters . Hole in center puff up and string up. LOVE a $1 toy that will keep him busy .

I really will try to get some new pic's this weekend. This last heavy molt was nasty but a LOT of new feathers are coming in. His chest is filled in and most of his neck. Such a handsome boy .......... when he is not dropping toys while i am TRYING to leave for work

OP
Christinenc2000

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Just to update. BB has gone from the arm of the couch to Lap Bird. My arm feels like I lifted weights all weekend. He wanted every single feather on his little body preened. Oh and do not forget the tail. Must get all the way to the tip or he will let you know. Yes beak rub then more preening. This bird has really come out . Really worth the time and devotion put in . It comes back 1000x to you. The look in there eye's shows you the trust. My heart explodes .
BUT before you think sweet BB> When he is done he will get really still and run toward BF ( James ) and then HAHAHA When he chases him off the couch. Its not BB's Issue its James I really think BB has turned it into a game. One is scared and the other is glad of it. It will work out I am sure

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)

Hang in there.

Nope those stainless steel hose clamps worked > for now LOL He tries but so far no budge. His latest fun thing is coffee filters . Hole in center puff up and string up. LOVE a $1 toy that will keep him busy .

I really will try to get some new pic's this weekend. This last heavy molt was nasty but a LOT of new feathers are coming in. His chest is filled in and most of his neck. Such a handsome boy .......... when he is not dropping toys while i am TRYING to leave for work

It's the little things is life. Inexpensive bird toys, that remain where you put them.

A little lap time.

And birds who eat their veggies...

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Just to update. BB has gone from the arm of the couch to Lap Bird. My arm feels like I lifted weights all weekend. He wanted every single feather on his little body preened. Oh and do not forget the tail. Must get all the way to the tip or he will let you know. Yes beak rub then more preening. This bird has really come out . Really worth the time and devotion put in . It comes back 1000x to you. The look in there eye's shows you the trust. My heart explodes .
BUT before you think sweet BB> When he is done he will get really still and run toward BF ( James ) and then HAHAHA When he chases him off the couch. Its not BB's Issue its James I really think BB has turned it into a game. One is scared and the other is glad of it. It will work out I am sure

Yes you do, ONCE YOU GET THERE.

Problem is, so many people don't ever get there. Look at how many people gave up on this one before you didn't...

SO NOW YOU'RE THE ONE WHO GETS THE REWARD. And it really is amazing when they turn around... and turn into this. And like I said before, this is just the tip of the iceberg...

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I love reading about how much BB has turned around! Just goes to show what happens when you put in the hard work, love, and patience. Enjoy the fruits of your labor, Christine. You deserve it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts