Finally got this on video!

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Cal has been eating her fruit/veg (whichever one she happens to have) with a twist for the past month or so.

She takes a pellet and just holds it in her beak while she swallows the fruit past it lol! She can hold the same pellet for aaaages lol. First it was the pink ones, now she's moved onto green!

She moves them around in her beak and mouth depending where the fresh fruit needs to be. She has also taken to putting them in her water which isn't so cute lol. That started around the same time. It means I have to change her water lots and lots and LOTS. At least we're here to do it!

She is currently getting less and less kaytee exact due to her being converted onto harrisons....will she be upset not to have a bigger pellet to hold while eating fresh food?? lol

She drops it quite quickly in the vid because she loves the camera and she has even said a few of her words for you with Dave "helpfully" translating in the background ;)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1GL3Dr81Do]YouTube - Cal eating fruit and pellets at the same time?![/ame]

mishykinz

Jan 18, 2011
MD
Parrots
Blue pacific parrotlet (male) - Bb.
Pineapple Green-cheek conure (female) - Tali.
Adorable! She looks like she's really enjoying herself. And my bird hates the camera, he always shuts right up and turns away whenever I get it out. Stinker.

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
LOL! What a little show-off!

It just goes to show you, all kids like to play with their food!

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Ahhh Di, when you crack Kiwi, you will be down on your hands and knee's with a cloth saying: I remember when my carpet didn't have mashed fruit and veg in it! hahaha!

It is such early days with him Di. Cal is only now preferring pellets to the treat seeds I give her - she was weaned and on a whole seed diet/dried fruit nut mix when I had her. I was actually told "buy half parrot half cockatiel mix, that'll do the job!" She has been here since Sept so not long at all in TIME terms.....forever in heart terms though and unfortunately, that's the way in which we tend to gauge "how well we're doing"!!! Not a bit of it!

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
the video didnt open for me~ an error occured please try again later

nofearengineer

Sep 8, 2010
Parrots
Gandalf - CAG (1997-2010) R.I.P. my baby boy.
Bitty - CAG (2 yrs old? and working on spoiling her rotten)
OMG....I just got to LISTEN to this. I was at work when I watched it earlier.

She is so funny "tut tut"ing when you laugh.

I had to listen to the "thank you" a couple of times before I heard it...maybe because of the visual, I kept hearing "oink oink!" LOL

lisamarie973

Sep 25, 2010
Bradenton, FL.
Parrots
Maui - Male CAG (my baby) (Mom's babies) KiKi - Sun Conure, Fred & Wilma - Fisher Lovebirds, Gully,Sweetie,Baby - Cockatiels, Mork & Mindy - Zebra Finches Luna,Sky,Jilly - Budgies 16 Gouldian Finches
OH my Gosh, She is SO stinkin adorable AND she SO reminds me so much of my Mum's KiKi! Sweet Video, thanks for sharing, it made me wanna just give her lots of birdie kissies.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Cal is so adorable, holds such a special place in my heart, guess it all began you you became Mishka's Aunty LoL. I love the way Cal, imitates your laugh, sound so cute. I thought I hear her say good, am I correct?

Thanks for sharing, oh yeah Von please remember to post the video's in

All Video's - Birds Talking - Playing - Singing - Acting

When we wish to watch Cal's video's over and over again, it makes it much easier, to remember where it is, as well, all Cal's video will be in once thread.

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
OMG....I just got to LISTEN to this. I was at work when I watched it earlier.

She is so funny "tut tut"ing when you laugh.

I had to listen to the "thank you" a couple of times before I heard it...maybe because of the visual, I kept hearing "oink oink!" LOL

lol Nofear, that is actually her laughing! She started off laughing when I laughed and now she will laugh whenever she hears laughter! You watch a comedy programme and she's in stitches lol. On my side unfortunately, I only have to have an sharp intake of breath and she thinks I'm about to laugh.

My mum rang last week with some bad news of a neighbour and I took a breath to say: Oh no! and all mum heard was Cal on my shoulder going hehehehehehehehe.....

At least my Mam has a great sense of humour!

As for her "thankyou" all her words are still at tones. I don't think it will ever change but that's fine! She has a wide vocabulary, she is just lazy at speaking haha!

Wouldn't swap her for the world!

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Cal is so adorable, holds such a special place in my heart, guess it all began you you became Mishka's Aunty LoL. I love the way Cal, imitates your laugh, sound so cute. I thought I hear her say good, am I correct?

Thanks for sharing, oh yeah Von please remember to post the video's in

All Video's - Birds Talking - Playing - Singing - Acting

When we wish to watch Cal's video's over and over again, it makes it much easier, to remember where it is, as well, all Cal's video will be in once thread.

Good.....that was probably "yes" haha! Takes a while for you to be able to understand her language! :D Maybe one day she will start using letters but by gosh is she a trier! Sorry Ant, I forget all about the allocated thread when I post *blushes* I will do that in future! xxxxx

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
Cal is just too cute for words!
loveshower.gif

I am with you Von, I also understand Sterretjies words, they arent human it is something in between - a new language.:D

OP
V

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Awww Di, you are already one of her Aunties! :D

She's lucky to have such a wonderful bunch of people who care about her - as am I.

xx

Beilana

Jun 14, 2010
Calgary, Ab, Canada
Parrots
Chia!!!! Cinnamon GCC
Cal is such a dollface! I'm at work right now so I can't wait to get home to listen to it :)
I used to think Chia dipping her food into her water was cute until I had to change her water 10 times a day LOL.

Most Reactions

Latest posts