Didnt have to train to go potty

sky2011

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Parrots
i have 1 sun conure named sky.
I got my sun conure a few weeks ago and didnt have to train to not go to the bathroom on me..i carryed a paper towel around with me everywere when sky was out and i didnt do anything now when i can have him out for a while and as soon as a put him back and goes right away..its so nice..is this normal?

Bongo

Dec 27, 2010
Our sun conure does the same thing. We did do a little bit of potty training, but now he will go whenever we put him over newspaper. Not getting pooped on is really nice! The problem we are having now though, is that he won't go in his cage. We are home quite a bit, but sometimes he holds it for hours upon end.

OP
sky2011

sky2011

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Parrots
i have 1 sun conure named sky.
That sucks. Sky goes right away after i put him up. i hope he learns to go in his cage.

Adz

Jan 9, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
I notice my green cheek avoids pooping on me. If I take it off my shoulder it goes straight away. In saying that it does poop on me sometimes. I'm potty training at the moment though.

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
My sunny would back off to where she thought was off you and poop when she was first here.

We basically said: Poop! when she went and landed on a cage and pooped. She has two although,....unfortunately, if the rabbit cage is nearer then that will do too lol! Poor Moo rabbit.....it means I have to clean up straight away too lol.

They are prone to holding if potty trained as such so this is why I didn't. We have the very occasional time where she misses the cages but that's fine!

Most Reactions