Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
Pudgie & lemon cockatiels
Abbie & Finch zebra finches
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
Hello :)
Any one with experience with forewing conures? I m contemplating getting one as our next flock member. Never had a conure before. Just wondering what this species is like and what special preparations need to be made. Thank you very much. Have a nice day. :)

Last edited:

morpheus

Jul 1, 2014
Florida Gulf Coast
Parrots
2 IRNs, two Budgies, two Tiels, three Canaries.
Beautiful bird! I love conures for their color and personality, they are so much fun to watch and interact with, and I'd have, and will have, a Sun Conure one of these days when my household can deal with the noise. Sunnys anyway, can be quit noisy. Love em though....Tom

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Beautiful! I'm more than positive one of our members has one, but I'm afraid I haven't seen her post in quite some time. I've never encountered one, but they remind me of a blue crowned conure in body shape, too.

Hopefully a member that has experience with this particular species will chime in. :)

OP
P

prsgirl77

Jul 5, 2013
Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
Pudgie & lemon cockatiels
Abbie & Finch zebra finches
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
Thank you both for responding :). I ve never interacted with a conure before. I m used to amazons. I was looking for a baby amazon but it didn't work out the baby wasn't meant to be mine. So the possibility of a Firewing conure has come up and I m trying to find out as much as possible before I decide on bringing one home. Thank you very much. Have a lovely day :)

Most Reactions