First shower!

OP
tfw

tfw

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2018
Parrots
B&G Macaw
ugh...that is a really obnoxious reply. I PROMISE there are..There are chemicals in everything...
I would reply again (just out of stubbornness) and explain---If the dang thing is PLASTIC, that is a CHEMICAL!!!! They denied that, which is crazy.
UGHHH....not annoyed at you...Just want to strangle myself over that ridiculous reply...They didn't sell you an organic carrot!!
Call them too.

:D . lol I may just pass on them.

Flynhigh

Jan 19, 2019
Murrieta California
Parrots
Apollo (CAG) , Kona (Pineapple conure)
Just to be clear if the unit is built with thermoplastics , these plastics do not undergo any chemical change when heated , PVC is a common thermoplastic that is used for many types of bird toys, food bowls and is safe for your bird. There are other types of thermoplastics as well. The answer they gave you was lame at best but you get what you pay for.

ParrotGenie

Jan 10, 2019
Indiana
Parrots
2 umbrella Cockatoos One male named Cooper and female named Baby 1 Little Corella male named Frankie and have 5 Cockatiels three named Male named Pepper, Fiesco for the female and female named Wylie.
Simple reply from Lifesmart with regard to specifically PFOE:

There are no chemicals in our products. We hope this helps.

Should be a go then right?
If the Lifesmart is a quartz they are safe, or the mainstay infrared heater. I took one apart, they don't use a coating on element, plus in a quartz tube and the ones I use has metal chassis. Actually one of the best built space heaters made as also uses a metal blower assembly. Plus put out way more heat evenly. I tested quite a few over the years and most are bad, but do like the 6 element lifesmart, or mainstay heaters, they are well built and pretty reliable. Either way no coating in direct path of heat, or even blower assembly, it is safe. Go with the wood version as complete metal chassis no plastics in contact with heat path and metal blower.

They revised this one and newer one fixed the design issues and way better heater. Sell at Walmart store, I would avoid eBay as you likely get the older revision. The newer one has a switch in the back thicker better cord and filter in back.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mainstay...Xf8Crb5OQy9ARPj-lFsCZY8ukzIKJXnxoC7f8QAvD_BwE

The second one I recommend

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lifesmar...hguid=2b2d0129-354-168bbbe9d0039f&athena=true

Yes are much better then the ceramic, or radiator electric heaters I tested so far.

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
I am just saying, for them to say "our products don't contain any chemicals" is a ridiculous statement. There are bird-safe chemicals out there...It just comes off as lazy, and it is untrue, as plastics are chemicals...

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
After just 2 days of letting him get used to the bathroom, he finally got his shower today!

Started off by having him perch on my right hand while I put my hand under the running water and letting him lick the water from my hand. Worked him closer and closer until the water splashed on his face a bit.

I thought he would get mad, so I put him down just outside the shower stall and low and behold, he made a beeline for the water LOL

I didn't think it would happen so fast so I didn't have a stand made yet. So I guess that is today's project. I had to shut the water off to get him out! But he loved it so much, thank goodness!

20190129_112039_zpsaq4ar7fc.jpg

20190129_112719_zps3ezikipm.jpg

That is just great :) ... I am starting to believe ALL b&G's are part duck/ penguin.

Speaking of looking like a penguin...little macaw penguin dozing off on his gym, all puffed up.

20190201_113627_zpsssipxikl.jpg

That is the cutest little macaw penguin ever! These photos are fabulous, it’s wonderful when parrots enjoy a shower so much.

Most Reactions