First time and a rescue. Got Q's

JBassset

Oct 18, 2016
Boise
Parrots
3 year old GC Conure
13 year old B&G Macaw
It's a little bit weird and I had to hunt to find it just now. But in the upper right, if you click the down arrow next to your name you can select the "edit folders" option.

From there it'll take you to a page and on the upper left is a link to edit your profile picture.

Their probably is a better way to get there but that one works for me.

Also, I did the attachments thing and wound up using all my space pretty quick. Lots of people seem to use photobucket or another hosting site to get their pictures up. Photobucket is DOG slow for me though. It works but it's just stupid slow.

He's a great looking bird! Glad things are going to well for you!

OP
M

Mthood91

Dec 21, 2016
Vancouver, WA
Parrots
Bob Tunupa-Red Fronted Macaw
cool thanks. Just put him up reluctanly knowing id be grabbing him in 5 minutes again from cage haha. tho its always great to work on what u need of course. But i tried my best to not think about it, gave me one nip, stayed super cool and invited him back up once he walked back to me and we were good. Fast progress! I honestly thought I'd be dealing with a really hard bird and i was gonna have to read a book and maybe never really get to handle this guy, but thats not what was gonna happen:) something led me to this guy, because I did not want an unfriendly bird because I have two dogs and other projects n work that take up all my time. But it was written I get him and here he is jus the perfect dude for me. CHILDHOOD DREAM HAS COME! seriously:D

OP
M

Mthood91

Dec 21, 2016
Vancouver, WA
Parrots
Bob Tunupa-Red Fronted Macaw
hopefully he just got me the hardest he will ever get. DAMN he mashed my arm skin haha..

Justawildcat94

Dec 23, 2016
Beaverton, Oregon
Parrots
Green-Winged Macaw
I adopted a Green-winged Macaw from the Oregon Humane Society this past Sunday. I too went there with the intention of adopting 2 Conures but that quickly changed upon meeting Lollie. So far so good. Lollie loves scratches and seems to want to step up but just isn't quite there yet. She will take treats and is very gentle. She does not like it when she can hear me but not see me. I just ordered a stand for her so she can hang out while I putter around the kitchen and laundry area. Thanks for pointing out the post on the Big Beaks...it can be seriously intimidating. I have quickly learned she does use her beak and tongue to investigate. Our biggest challenge will be encouraging our oldest dog not to retreat from the room when Lollie squawks.

SilleIN

Aug 18, 2016
Denmark
Parrots
Lots of parrots, most of them rescues
I am also in the process of getting Tino to play. The first thing I got him to play with, was a clear plastic soda bottle. I cut a aprox 1 inch diameter hole about 2/3 down and filled it with sunflower seeds (sorry, that's what he really likes)
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8uj-Y5WFQE"]Tino "playing" for the first time[/ame]

I slowly introduce him to different ways for him to work a little to get food.

He has now advanced to jumbo straw foraging. It's made from a cut part of a jumbo straw. I heat one end up with a lighter and press the ends together. I put in dried fruit and close the other end up as well.
sillein-albums-other-stuff-picture17455-jumbo-straw-foraging-toy.jpg

Hope this give you a bit of inspiration for playing/foraging.

Most Reactions