first vet visit! :)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
hahaha outgrow you? he must be a very big bird :p are you at college as well?

im not sure who i want to out live who.. because if im all old and grey and he dies, i am going to be sooo heartbroken.. but if i go first, he is going to be heartbroken :(

MacawGuy

Jun 12, 2012
Indiana
Parrots
B&G Macaw
no im not.. i do heating and air..i did these classes during high school. called prosser. so right from there to working

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
so you go to work? does roscoe mind being home alone?

lucky i get to do all my uni at home, so get to be with fargo all day haha

MacawGuy

Jun 12, 2012
Indiana
Parrots
B&G Macaw
yes he is fine..i can be home all day n will be on his stand n not make a sound. hes fine if he on me or not on me.. I got very lucky with him. Not loud at all. i mean if i had an apartment they would never know. like there is an hour of the day where he carrys on talking n ruff house with his toys.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
thats great!!! does he talk?

fargo is super quiet too! the only time i heard him scream was today at the vet.. otherwise he is quiet as a mouse.. and likes to say hello when he hears me wake up in the morning! :p

MacawGuy

Jun 12, 2012
Indiana
Parrots
B&G Macaw
O yea. Have u not seen the video of him saying...hi, hello, what,help,ouch...n say about 10 words right now

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
no! i will have a look for it tonight :D i cant watch videos during the day the internet is super slow :p

MacawGuy

Jun 12, 2012
Indiana
Parrots
B&G Macaw
[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=aXHZhT3We-E&feature=plcp]Scarlet Macaw Talking - YouTube[/ame]

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
I wish I got to do all my school work at home! Boooo! No, it'd be a really bad idea if I did. I get distracted by the birds too easily. I have to leave them in the bedroom and go to the opposite side of the house to do any kind of school work. I just had to write a huge paper which required me to read very old books that the birds wanted to shred so badly. Anything paper, important, or school related has to be kept out of reach of them. I leave my guys home the majority of most days during the week :( they get their loving before I leave for class and when I come home before I have to go to work.

One day I'll have a macaw :) I just have to finish school, get a "grown up" job, and move out of my parents house. If I was on my own I totally would have one!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
thanks macaw guy, will check out video later :)

haha awww! all my work is on the computer so fargo cant eat it ;)
do they keep themselves entertained until you get home?

thats good.. it will definitely be worth the wait :p

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
YAY! So glad to hear Fargo's vet visit was a breeze. :D What a good boy!! And you are such a good mum to him.

The bird store customcasket is talking about is the one I just went to yesterday to pick up a couple of nuts. 45 minutes from my house as well.

Tab, that store has SO many Macaw babies at the moment - it's incredible. AND Amazon babies. And so many other species as well.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
i may be a bit of an over protective mum ;) haha

ahhhh! so jealous.. i think i might move to america just so i can visit all the bird shops! :p
what kind of macaws are there ?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
i may be a bit of an over protective mum ;) haha

ahhhh! so jealous.. i think i might move to america just so i can visit all the bird shops! :p
what kind of macaws are there ?

Nah, stay put Tab. But feel free to come and visit ANY time. ;)

They currently have tons of baby Blue & Golds, 3 young Green Wings, a pair of Buffons, some Military, several hybrid babies (Catalinas I believe) and some Mini Macaws.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
haha mmm i think the weather wouldnt be as hot in america though :p

omg! that is awesome.. do you get to pat them ?
and im guessing they have thousands of awesome toys and accessories for them ? :mad: ;)

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Yes, you get to pat, play and interact with them. And yes, they do actually have thousands of different toys. :eek: And HEFTY price tags to go with them. ;)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
*dies of jealousy* :p

ohh i think anything that has 'bird' on the label has a hefty price tag ;) haha

Most Reactions