Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Great , Yoshi saw Mickey watching his fish and now he wants one too !
BTW , we love your fish tank Mickey , lol.

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots
Mickey - Female U2 age unknown. DNA test came back...he is a SHE,

Tinker 12 yr old female GCC

Chiquita 16 yr old Female U2 and Junior 16 yr old Male Grey
Yoshi should have a fishtank.... Mickey said all the birds should have one!

And he thanks you....he says he works hard on it....lol

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
MickeysMom, I love your HumaHuma Trigger! I couldn't keep mine with any small fish cause he ate them all so I kept him with a yellow tang. They were best beddies!!! Love the corals, zoas, leathers, frog spawn, etc. Love the powder blue tang!!!

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots

Thank you!

In the tank are a Powder Blue Tang, 2 Yellow Tangs, a Niger Trigger, a Huma Huma Trigger, 2 Coral Beauty Angels, 2 Firefish, a Cinnamon Clown and a Tomato Clown (mated, they lay eggs that hatch every 2 weeks or so/free fish food as I have no desire to raise them), and a butterfly fish. We have tried other fish, but these guys kill them off, so we will stay with this combo as it seems to work....lol

There is also a serpent star and a pencil urchin, a GBTA, and a Long Tentacle Anemone, in addition to lots of leathers and LPS, zoas, and assorted other corals...

It is amazing to come home to a slice of the ocean in your livingroom every day!

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Yea my onyx/picasso pair laid eggs constantly and yea it was free fish food... which fish doing the killing? The tangs? Powder Blue Tang can be very tank aggressive. My reef club had a guest speaker that discussed about how to solve the issue to place a new fish into your current community by placing the new fish in the same tank with a divider until they're all used one another then remove the divider.

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots

I think it's a combo of the Tangs and Triggers....the fish aren't killed outright they are bullied to death..... or find a way to jump out of the tank...even though most of the top has glass covers. With all the rock in the tank, we wouldn't have room for a divider.

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Yoshi wants sea horses. lol.

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots

My first tank was seahorses.....a male and a female, she literally bred him to death! They had babies every 2 weeks like clockwork.....poor thing lasted a year and a half, then just went belly up one day.....:11:

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
awww. Was that normal ? Or just one crazy sea horse ? lol.
I always loved triggers. Bought my brother one every year. And that's because they never lasted too long :(

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots

I guess she just REALLY liked him!

My Triggers are probably about 3 years old now....they are comical, the Huma will let me pet him, and takes food from my hand!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I guess it was like a fatal attraction kind of thing , lololol.

I used to have Oscars when I was young. I remember they were so big and one of them would let me pet the top of his head. The biggest thrill for me was that he took pellets from my hand , lolol.

To me Triggers look like they swim around whistling ,lolol.

MickeysMom

Feb 13, 2012
Media
Albums
Brookhaven, Pa
Parrots

They do! And they have such cute teeth....well till they get your hand that is ;)

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I can just imagine. I remember scuba diving in Mexico we had swam over a reef and there was a small balck fish , cant remember what kind but it bit the heck out of me until I was well out if its territory , lolol. That little guy hurt !

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
The Niger Trigger I had was extremely shy and hides constantly. The HumaHuma was my favorite as he was super friendly. But I was always afraid of getting bit by him while I was cleaning his tank cause he's not afraid of me at all....they have it shown on discovery or animal planet of triggers eating sps corals all the way through and poops out as crushed coral. Those jaws are strong!!!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
I know , it's amazing how strong their jaws and teeth are.
If you ever heard the parrot fish crunching on coral , it's a sound you will always remember ,lolol. Those are some formidable teeth on such a beautiful docile fish.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Yes they're beautiful but somehow I remember my mother cook parrot fish for dinner when I was young and it was really delicious so I couldn't bring myself to get a parrot fish...lol....one pf my favorite fish are the wrasse, we had all different kinds, love them!!!

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
I would recommend WetWebMedia and Reefcentral.com (along with everyone else). The tanks aren't really my hobby, but we have 5 in total :eek:. I swear between the 3 dogs, cat, bird, its like walking into a pet store we have almost all areas covered (not too mention the horses as well). We have one fresh water tank (which can be just as nice as salt tanks). In the fresh water we have, of course fish, live plants and a newt. What I like about how he set up the fresh water is that its a complete eco system, if the newt wasn't in there then we wouldn't have to feed the tank at all. The salt tanks vary. Expect it to become an expensive hobby. The fist pic is of our 20 gallon, the second of our 45 gallon. Both the pics are older, we have since set up a 280 gallon (waiting for it to finishing cycling) and of course we now have a frag tank (we switched to metal halides and everything exploded hence the new frag tank). Oh and we have a 60 gallon not set up yet, he wants a predator tank - I want a sea horse tank. I can say the larger the tank the easier it is to maintain. The smaller a tank the quicker it crashes. The fish are expensive, and die for no reason sometimes. Then you start collecting corals and then more corals. Then maintenance of the tanks it adds up $$$$, but so does everything else, they really are a pleasure to have.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
Tell me about it about the price of the fish. The single most expensive fish we purchase was on a magnificent foxface as he was $179 alone. Onyx/Picasso pair was $99/ea. Plus many other fish we had....the bigger the tank the better as more water volume is more forgiving if you made a minor mistake as the smaller tank will crash very quickly.

Molcan2

Jul 19, 2011
Lake Co., Florida
Parrots
Princess Rome- Moluccan Cockatoo (18yrs old), Rosie - Galah/Rose Breasted Cockatoo (2yr old)
Those are expensive. Its funny because I think up to like $90 is reasonable for fish and he doesn't want to spend more than $45 on a fish. So I just buy them and put them in there before he gets home. The best deal we got on a fish was $20 on a white cheek tang, the fish was $40 and was on sale 50% off but they had the fish at $40 originally because they thought it was chocolate tang, where the white cheek usually sells for $70 :D those deals don't happen often.

Most Reactions