Food catchers

TortoiseLady17

Mar 25, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Parrots
April - 32 year old Panama Amazon!
Zuri - 3 year old Congo African grey
George - 4 year old Panama Amazon
Maui's cage does not have one of those skirts around it to catch food as he eats and drops it out. So what do y'all do to catch food that gets dropped around the cage?

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
We had one of these installed:
IMAG1382.jpg

lol. Her cage actually does have the seed guards, this picture is old, for awhile we didn't have them on and they kind of are a pain to clean because the ones on the sides don't come off without removing the whole cage from the stand.

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
I just removed the seed guards from Sugar's cage yesterday. It's a PITA to try and clean it! She likes to sit on her door and then she poops and... have you ever tried to clean poop off of one of those when you can't take it outside? Yeah, I hadn't either until yesterday. It's now removed.

I use a towel for the poops for when she's on the door (I have carpet but I'd do it if I had hardwood there too) and a vacuum.

And a dog. LOL

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
You can buy seed catchers that you cut to fit.

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I have the low tech method, sweep! If you don't have seed catchers the cheapest and easiest thing to do is sweep or vaccum.

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
i would just sweep or vacuum. of course that only works for food, not poop!

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
Yep, my dog makes the round :), mainly for the fresh food though, I don't let him eat the seeds (he would too).

OP
T

TortoiseLady17

Mar 25, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Parrots
April - 32 year old Panama Amazon!
Zuri - 3 year old Congo African grey
George - 4 year old Panama Amazon
Our dogs just push it around and track it through the house lol. We have been doing the sweep and vacuum thing, just seeing what everyone else does. Thanks guys!

Most Reactions

Latest posts