Food thats.. OKAY?

sunconure

Aug 24, 2005
Media
Albums
Cedar Park, TX
Parrots
sun conure girls: Allie & Kira
Oooo foood topics! I could go on for days....well here I begin.
(i havn't read the whole thread so sorry for some repeats)...
Pellets: I always have pellets available to my birds. They get Harrison's adult lifetime formula in the Fine size. I like giving them smaller sizes because they tend to waste less food. I used to feed them Zupreem (which is my number two choice of pellet) fruit blend and avian entrees. You might also like Roudybush as well. I don't like to feed Kaytee or pretty bird because of the strange things they put in it to preserve it. Harrison's is organic and has changed the way my birds behave and their feathers are much more vibrant.
Seeds: I feed my birds a teaspoon of seeds every other day. They get this more of a treat in the morning before I leave the house for school. It's my wa y of saying I love you and keeping them occupied as I leave. I also stay away from Kaytee and 8 in 1 when it comes to seeds and buy eather sun seed or goldenfeast....mainly goldenfeast. I believe that goldenfeast sells organic seeds as well, and they have an amazing variety of cookable foods and seed blends. I am always trying new blends..but for my seeds I have been buying the california blend. Anyways...seeds for my birds are more of a treat rather than their diet.
Cooked foods/veggies/fruits: In the morning my birds get the biggest variety. I give them things such as birdie corn bread with some fruits such as blueberries, bananas, apples, strawberries, peaches or what ever I have at home or what is in season. I also give organic or homemade babyfood mixed wth some Quicko Egg food (it's high in protien) and I mix in some water to make a mush. In the evening I like to give some cooked rice/bean mixes or some cooked beak appetite alone with some veggies such as beans, pease, corn, squash and so on.
Since my birds don't like carrots and some other stuff I usually bake that inot the birdie bread. I also like to add some honey, pellets, cinnamon and pepper. I usually have two kinds of bread made, the "sweet" breakfast bread and the "dinner" bread with things such as pepper and what not.

I hope that helps you out.

OP
Eclectica

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Thanx for the info, i see that you talk about Kaytee. I saw some the other day in a fancy petshop, and thought of getting some since its a bit expensive, but i think its artificially coloured. What do you guys think?

Most Reactions