foot problems

squawkie

Nov 13, 2013
I have a 37 year old yellow nape, she dances from one foot to the other even when eating. She sits on the perch with the bad foot (should say worst foot curled up). This has been on going for 18 mos. plus. Been to 2 vet. had mega bucks in blood tests, xray, had her cage striped and powder coat (non zinc powder), flat board and branches for perches and she is still doing the same old thing that her feet hurt. Don't know what to do now. She gets sprouts (vit A) and is outside almost every day (vit D).

Any suggestion, any ideas of whats wrong that the vets didn't think of,:green2: any body have/had this happen to their bird?

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
The only thing that 'springs' to mind, is arthritis. Has she been looked at for that? Is the foot itself painful for her when you touch it, if not, potentially a neurological thing making that foot 'weaker' and so she favours her other?

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
have you looked at the bottom of her feet. any sores/redness ? Google "bumble foot in parrots". where those avian vets?

amaloros

Nov 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Parrots
yellow crown amazon, female, aged 9.
oh poor thing... I hope it's nothing serious, maybe just email the vet and ask him or her if she thought it could be arthritis, rather than go for a consultation which will cost. He/she has a duty of care to your parrot to give you an answer. But I know what you mean about the vet costs, They're huge in the UK too!

Most Reactions

Latest posts