Foster Grey, Hawkeye

sonja

Jul 31, 2012
This is Hawkeye! He is here with me as a foster bird for a while. He was seized by Animal control when his owner was arrested and sent to jail for a while and the owner didn't have any one to care for Hawkeye. Sadly, Hawkeye's previous environment was very poor. His cage was so filthy that Animal control wouldn't even take it with them. He barbers his feathers, although I believe I have seen some improvement since he's been here. He looks like a little fluff ball. His favorite thing to do is swing upside down. :) He will likely become available for adoption in the MD area at some point.

100_9581.jpg

100_9582.jpg

Thanks for looking!
sonja

Last edited:

Pookamama

Jul 10, 2012
Oregon, USA
Parrots
Pepper, a Timneh African Grey
Hey there handsome!
I am about to become owner of a TAG. They sound like marvelous creatures.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I live in Md. Shame on this other person for keeping such a wonderful bird in bad shape. I know you will help out big time. Are you with Phoenix Landing??

OP
sonja

sonja

Jul 31, 2012
Spirit--- No, not Phoenix Landing. My rescue is Roxie's Fund. We do dogs, reptiles and birds. We are much smaller than PL but have some great fosters and volunteers. I also do the Petfinder postings for the Wilson Parrot Foundation, but I don't do hands-on work with them.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Oh I know Wilsons. I used to live very close to them. You can adopt a bird from them if you give him so many volunteer hourse. I think that is great.

OP
sonja

sonja

Jul 31, 2012
Yep, I think it is a good system, too. Of course, many people don't want to actually have to do anything to get a bird besides drop some money.

Are you with Phoenix Landing?

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
what a good looking birdie! your doing a wonderful thing fostering him and I bet he's very grateful :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts