Brittany741

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Parrots
SI Eclectus (Ruby) - 11 / Eclectus (Wrangler) - 7 / Eclectus (Pinto) - 6 /
Red Sided Eclectus (Oliver) - 4 mos. /
White Bellied Caique (Dan) - 2 /
Foster Congo African Grey (Molly) - 6
I spent awhile searching all the lists of breeders for her breeder code, SSA, and it wasn't listed anywhere. Finally I searched for all aviaries in Texas and found one, Solely Solomon Aviaries, in Beaumont, TX.

Imagine my excitement! I called right away and asked Lilly, the owner, what their banding code was and sure enough, Persie was hatched in her aviary. Lilly was understandably upset to hear the plight of one of her babies, but she was slightly relieved it wasn't the home she had sold Persie to in the first place.

She offered to send me all Persie's information, including her hatch certificate so we will know her birthday and other info. It turns out Persie is actually 11 years old, not 9.

Such a relief knowing she came from a very loving breeder. With a rescue, there is just no way of being certain of their past. The only thing I can hope is her first years in life WERE full of love and companionship. It's a testament to her sweet spirit that she is so loving and sweet after suffering so much neglect. At least this answers some of the mystery of her past! :red:

Christinenc2000

Oct 8, 2014
North Carolina
Parrots
Big Bird _ Blue & Gold Macaw
Sometimes I think I would like to learn more about BB's past. But as Mark told me once. It does not matter what happened before it's what is happening now that matters.

Glad you got a few of your questions answered :)

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
You managed to track down her breeder? Most impressive, Brittany!

So she's actually 11, eh? Given the potential longevity of an eclectic parrot, though, at least you still got her relatively early. I too hope that her early years were filled with love and companionship. I do believe that her sweet disposition, despite the past 5 nightmarish years, supports that possibility. But as Christine pointed out, it's actually the present that matters most.

And her present situation is DEFINITELY filled with the love and companionship that sweet bird deserves.

GracelynNBirds

Nov 24, 2015
Texas
Parrots
Pearl, Female, Cockatiel: Penelope
Oh my goodness, that is SO awesome! Congrats on you both! It must be exited to hear all these things about you and Persie!! :D

camo

Jun 30, 2014
Parrots
Gizmo - Male Eclectus Parrot

Pebbles - Female Eclectus Parrot
Wow that's really great, good detective work!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Great work! I am about to embark on the same quest for our new pair...I hope I have as good a luck as you had!

OP
Brittany741

Brittany741

Feb 9, 2015
Atlanta, GA
Parrots
SI Eclectus (Ruby) - 11 / Eclectus (Wrangler) - 7 / Eclectus (Pinto) - 6 /
Red Sided Eclectus (Oliver) - 4 mos. /
White Bellied Caique (Dan) - 2 /
Foster Congo African Grey (Molly) - 6
It helped she was banded, or else I wouldn't have tried. I actually wasn't even going to call, I was more or less just curious.

Getting a hatch certificate is simply a bonus and she now has a Birdday! She hatched June 7, 2005. Her dad is Ice Cream and her mom is Shelly!

Her breeder was so nice on the phone. Her name is Lilly of Solely Solomon Aviaries in Beaumont, TX and their website is EclectusParrotBabies.com

Just the simple fact she was invested in the wellbeing of one of her babies 11 years after the fact means a lot. Many breeders just sell their babies off to a pet store and don't give a damn.

Most Reactions

Latest posts