Friend Requests

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
I've received more friend requests & figured I'd do a general post here to explain that I'm not a social media junky & don't Twit or Tumble (some exceptions here), post to any of the Face sites, Friend sites, Instagram or any of the plethora of other social sites that try to convince you you can't live without them and my not friending you in these forums or any other I may be on, has nothing to do with you as a person, I just don't respond to anything like that.

If you have a question that you prefer not to post to the forums, you are welcome to PM me, those I will answer.....so, if you have sent me a friend request, I just wanted you to understand that you are not being ignored, being slighted or thought otherwise of, but thank you for the request anyway.....my newly acquired retirement activities seem to be taking up more of my time than I had anticipated...sorry.....

Several years ago, when I first signed up for these forums, I thought there was a provision for direct E-mail messaging, but I guess it's only PMs here.....

Thanks for reading.....

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I use facebook, etc, but I don't really understand the "friend" function here. There are a few people who have added me as friends that I have had conversations with on here several times so I accept them, but when I get a request from someone I dont know anything about? They are not going to be accepted.

OP
W

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
I don't understand how it works.

If you are interested in sending a friend request to a member, click on their ID & it will take you to their profile page, where you can contact them, send them a friend request or just check out their stats.....maybe some other stuff too, can't remember, these hanging around all night sessions take a toll on us old people.....

:)

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
One feature I like, is in the User CP under "profile privacy" you can change who can see what info on your profile...

So each item you can select either everyone, registered members, your contacts, or your friends. So if you want only your friends to be able to view your albums, then select "your friends" and then nobody but them can see album pictures.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Oh, and you can also turn on email notifications so that when you do receive a PM you'll receive an email to the address you have on file here.

Go into your User CP, under Edit Options and select the box

The email notification DOES include a copy of the PM so you can read it without logging in. So the sender can include their email address if they want you to reply via email, otherwise you'll have to log in to the forum to reply via PM.

Most Reactions