Friendly Forum

cthulhus_minion

Jan 28, 2013
Arkansas
Parrots
Blue Crown Conure
I just wanted to say how awesome this forum and everybody in it is! Everyone has been nice and helpful! I've been on a Sheltie forum (not stating the name) and the moderators were like Nazis. Simple mistakes like asking about a breeder and getting my post blocked. Why not just move the post and just tell me where it should've been. I'm not harassing or "trolling" anyone and it feels like it would be easier to get an act of Congress than to post something on there. Just wanted to let everybody know how appreciative I am that this is a super knowledgeable and friendly forum! Thanks guys!

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Yes, this is a great forum. We and our fids are fortunate to have it as a resource and a social site. Thank you to the terrific moderators.

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
even the most heated debate i have read on here was respectful and polite. people can have their own opinions but they treat eachother with respect, they dont bash eachother. it's a nice change! i am pretty impressed with that :) so i want to add my voice into the appreciation as well.

OP
C

cthulhus_minion

Jan 28, 2013
Arkansas
Parrots
Blue Crown Conure
Yeah, the moderators here are fair and understanding. They don't "over police" the site. This is one of the friendliest and most well self-policed forum I have ever been on. (By self-police I mean the members don't insult each other and for the most part we take care of ourselves and each other)

critterman

Jan 1, 2011
Maryland
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure.
Welcome to the forum and you will meet lots of great people here with lots of knowledge. They are always ready to lend a ear and help as needed. Enjoy!

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Having been on this forum for a long time, (I used a different name earlier), I agree that this is a great forum. Everyone knows a lot, and shares their info, and experiences. And also having been a Moderator for a short time, I can say that the Mods here are a great bunch of people.

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
yep, great place, they even let me stay!!!! :p:D

Of course I do have to spend time making sure mods Ant and Wenz keep in line but other than that :54::11::D:p:10:

Karigan

Jul 3, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Kitoko: Female Senegal Parrot, born 2002
Talia: Female CAG, born 2008
Mateo: Female CAG, born 2008
I sure love it here. I've left most of the facebook groups about parrots I've been on because the people were so defensive! Mention the word 'clip' and everyone would go into hysterics. The Grey one that I'm on now... a guy posted a pic of his bird eating a small cookie that had bits of chocolate. Instead of "be careful, caffeine is harmful", they were attacking him and calling him an animal abuser...pic got removed, but I'm so glad not to have seen much like that on here :)

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Your right ,I have been on the forum for over a year and the nicest people reside here including Scott:D

OP
C

cthulhus_minion

Jan 28, 2013
Arkansas
Parrots
Blue Crown Conure
People sure can overreact. That's why I like this forum because most people on here don't.

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
ive been on other bird forums, some very good, some downright nasty. this one so far makes my good list :D

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
I've tried heaps of parrot forums, this was the only one that I have stayed at. It's great and I've met a lot of good friends on here as we'll! Thanks EVERYONE for being awesome people :)

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
Yes, I totally agree, this is an awesome forum!! In fact, I've been known to spend more time reading this forum than work on projects that really need my attention. Sheesh, I'm darn right addicted to this site!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I've tried plenty of other forums too, and love this one out of them all!
some are downright scary the way they treat you.
I left them all and came here, and never looked back either :)

Parrotdise

Mar 14, 2013
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot, Sam, Double Yellow Headed Amazon, Sierra & Black Headed Caique, Daisy Jane
Really this forum should have an award for kind and knowledgeable! The only other forum i find worth getting on is BirdChannel.com there is a lot more people on here though and i think when you get into larger groups of people it is harder to keep the peace. I am so thankful for the board and it's members =)

Niner10Tango

Nov 10, 2012
Media
SE Michigan
Parrots
Tango a White Faced Pied Cockatiel
I too agree about this forum. I belonged to another forum for about 4 years before I found this one. I was attacked by another poster who accused me of "Killing" my cockatiel because I include pellets in his diet. I reported it to the moderators and they didn't do anything :( I'm very fortunate I found this sight. Everyone has been great.

OP
C

cthulhus_minion

Jan 28, 2013
Arkansas
Parrots
Blue Crown Conure
I too agree about this forum. I belonged to another forum for about 4 years before I found this one. I was attacked by another poster who accused me of "Killing" my cockatiel because I include pellets in his diet. I reported it to the moderators and they didn't do anything :( I'm very fortunate I found this sight. Everyone has been great.
that is such an awful thing for someone to say! And they didn't do anything about it? I don't blame you for leaving that one! I am so sorry for your loss, I lost my cockatiel over a month ago so I completely understand! We are all here for you if you need us.

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
I love this foum! Everyone is respectful and calm, the moderators are amazing, the information is true and not opinionated (like clipped birds, seeds).

And this forum is like family! I have made some amazing friends I could never be without! I never thought I would be friends with people all over the world and of every age and culture. HUGS!! :D

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
I've been on other forums too, they treat me fine there, but I have always liked this forum better. There's been many old members leaving this forum and all have gone to the same forum and they asked me to join but I went for a bit and decided to stay here. I like how the layout is in this forum and the ease of use. They didn't like certain things going on in here but it didn't bother me, I guess it was because I was off here for awhile being busy with life and everything so I didn't get the whole story. But overall I like the people coming in here and I'm always glad to help.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
yep, great place, they even let me stay!!!!

Of course I do have to spend time making sure mods Ant and Wenz keep in line but other than that :11::D:10:

00020382.gif

Ha ha Sorry you spend time keeping us in line

00020487.gif

Our time is spent trying to keep you
00020425.gif

00020532.gif
0002020F.gif

You alone are slowly turning us into

0002019D.gif

BUT............

We still
0002037A.gif