Furious. Livid. Fuming!!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I got a message from a friend today who works at a pet store. Someone dropped off an Indian Ringneck. He brought it in a few months ago... IN A PLASTIC BAG!!!!! He wanted a cage for her. When my friend showed him appropriate cages, he said they were too expensive. He bought her a tiny one. Brought her back in now, apparently he didn't want her anymore. Let me repeat, this person thinks it is ok to keep parrots in PLASTIC BAGS!!!

She lives with me now, Green IRN, either female. I named her Hapu'u which is Hawaiian for "green tree fern." Im going to call her Hapu.

A PLASTIC BAG!!!!! I'm literally so mad that I actually screamed!

Last edited:

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
What?! Are you kidding me?!? That's absolutely disgusting and atrocious. I can't believe someone would even do that... my god. I'm so sorry you had to even deal with something like that, but I'm incredibly happy that Hapu is with you now. Some people blow me away with their stupidity [emoji35]

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
Conures, 2 Red bellied parrots lovebirds.
Yes, I heard that. Is that the one with the tilted head or something wrong with the neck? Can't remember if it was that one or the other one. I'm glad you saved her. Poor little thing has had a rough life. Some people are disgustingly ignorant!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I'm not sure which one you are talking about... is there a IRN here with a damaged neck being kept in a pet store????

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
I believe someone brought in that way and I don't know if it went to the vet after I seen it or what. This was awhile ago now.

By the way, that shop is dangerous for me, I want to bring them all home with and love on them. My favorite pet place though!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
It isnt my favorite by any means, but when I got that message...

Though they do have maroon waxbills and when I saw them I nearly died. No more beautiful creature have I ever seen!!

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
They have quite an assortment. It's good place to go though if you're looking for a rehomed bird, VS. a baby besides Craigslist. I have two lovebirds and the Red Bellies from there. I think they have a good toy selection as well.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Its pretty decent, and they sell volkmans. I was at Pet Hale today, and they just got in a whole new load of foraging toys; they are really making a point to carry a wide assortment of them now it seems. And I think they may be the only place on the island carrying roudybush now?

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
Yep! The only place with Roudybush. I think their customer service is excellent. While it is a casual Hawaii style atmosphere I do like the place. The birds I've gotten from there have all been amazingly healthy as well. Compare that to the Jenday I purchased from Petco :( ....many vet bills later.

Last edited:

MyFlock

Apr 15, 2015
Parrots
Oh did you mean Pet Hale Roudybush? The other one has it too, probably the only two that do. Food buying here tends to be dismal so I have to order stuff off the computer, which I hate.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
yes pet hale has roudybush

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
I hope someday someone puts that guy in a plastic bag and locks him in a tiny room. Karma is a b***h but often is so fitting.

There are PLENTY of animal rescues that make actions like this not only cruel and atrocious, but completely unnecessary.

It's the same sort of people who discard people in bags on beaches that start out with animals. If someone wants to be that depraved, take it out on themselves, not innocents.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Yes, animal cruelty usually is a forerunner for the abuse of humans.

Most Reactions