Gah feeling like ive forgotten something ! Are we ready ?

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Nova comes home tomorrow and im feeling very stressed im not ready for her.

Her big bird cage is set up with all her new toys, her k&h snuggle heater and her bowls .

Her travel/sleep cage is set up . Her food is ready, we bought a bag of it from her breeder to then trasition her slowly over to Albies diet.

Shes registered with our vet and will be adding her to our insurance policy tomorrow amd we will be booking her in for leg band removal and chipping as soon as the vet calls me with more information (mostly when can i get it done as shes only a baby)

I cant help but feel like im forgetting something

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)

Her big bird cage is set up with all her new toys, her k&h snuggle heater and her bowls .

Her travel/sleep cage is set up . Her food is ready, we bought a bag of it from her breeder to then trasition her slowly over to Albies diet.

Shes registered with our vet and will be adding her to our insurance policy tomorrow amd we will be booking her in for leg band removal and chipping as soon as the vet calls me with more information (mostly when can i get it done as shes only a baby)

You sound like me when I brought Lovejoy home!! Even though I've been bringing new birds home forever I freaked out over every little thing with him, but everything worked out fine. Sounds to me like you've got all your bases pretty much covered though, so take a breath and enjoy your impending parront-hood. Can't wait to see Nova home with you - only one more sleep to go! 💖

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
I was the same bringing Albie home !

I just want to make sure her trasition to our home is as smooth as possible

Gah !

Jobaby

Jul 4, 2022
New York
Parrots
Indian ringneck
Superb Parrot (Barraband Parakeet)

Sounds to me like you have it covered! Food, cage, toys, love, vet what else is there?

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
The mark of a wonderful birdie mom... Covering everything you can think of and still feeling like you have more to do. You got this, so enjoy the excitement that comes with a new addition to the family. :) I can't wait to hear about the homecoming!

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
I was like this before bringing Ona home too! It can be a stressful transition but once she is home with you it will all come together! You got this!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
The mark of a wonderful birdie mom... Covering everything you can think of and still feeling like you have more to do. You got this, so enjoy the excitement that comes with a new addition to the family. :) I can't wait to hear about the homecoming!
Thank you !

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I was like this before bringing Ona home too! It can be a stressful transition but once she is home with you it will all come together! You got this!
It really is stressful isnt it ?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
It really is stressful isnt it ?
It is, but only because we love them so much and want the very best for them. And the very best is what Nova's gonna get with you!

Most Reactions