GCC Help needed!

Beebeebeezy

May 6, 2019
Media
Parrots
Lovebird (Coco)
Parakeet (Riley)
I had bought Fruit Loop my Green Cheek Conure about 2 months ago. He doesn't trust me enough at this point to step up onto my finger, but he has chilled out a bit. I also have a parakeet and 2 cockatiels, and thought I'd try it out to see if he would get along, cause he's not a nippy bird at all towards me, but the problem I'm having is he is a bit of a bully to everyone else.

Everything seems fine when everyone is foraging for food, but Fruit Loop will charge at everyone randomly, also will go for my cockatiels tails and head feathers. My other birds don't bother him much, but I am worried about him doing some serious damage to my other little guys. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and it worked itself out? I'd hate to see him go, but if it makes everyone else's life a bit more easier than I'll have to say goodbye, but I want to know if there are any tips as to being able to all let them play together? Dividing my time between them wont be possible. Also another tip is everyone has their own cage, never are they together in them.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
hi,
If you have flat top cages put acrylic sheets on top of them, so no toes get bitten off. Available cheap st home depot. My Gcc but of the toes of my budgie.....

Yes i think things can calm down and they all will be a flock, not fight. Having everyone flighted helps, and having plenty of perch areas to retreat and move to. My flock keeps about 8 inches between all members , except for the freinds. I have a mixed flock of 7 and about 30 out of cage perch options. Some are perch swings, or rope spiral that i hang about 4 inches above the cages with ceiling hooks and fishing line. On each cage is a dollor store tray with 3 sections, that's for veggies, then on the outside if each cage is a food and wster dish, toys and chew stuff spread out.

Do flock observation, see what needs to be moved around to limit squabbles. If something is a favorite perch, try to replicate it in different spots. I use a long envelope to separate any fussy birds, so they dont fear my hands.

Your GCC could be doing this from being boardeom.

Most Reactions