GCC Identifying Mutation as chicks

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
If he is not split to turquoise then all the babies will be split to turquoise. If he is, then half will be visual turquoise, half will be split.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jsams5059

Jan 13, 2017
Yes, unless they feather out as say, pineapples, but even then they would be female.

I have a yellow side male and pineapple hen with a yellow side chick with pink feet. Is it a hen? I thought yellow side conures had dark feet.

jsams5059

Jan 13, 2017
Yes, absolutely 100% certainty she is a yellow sided turquoise. A favorite of mine!

how do I tell a yellow side turquoise from a pineapple turquoise? I don't have a pic of her but she looks like the one pictured in the above pic of a yellow side except she has red above and on sides of her beak. I have a pic of her mother and have been told she is a cinnamon turquoise. I will post the pic and see what you think.

Attachments

• Janets Pics 030.jpg
    Janets Pics 030.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 50

Rozalka

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 23, 2018
Media
Albums
Poland
Parrots
Bourke's parrots, green cheeked conure
I have a yellow side male and pineapple hen with a yellow side chick with pink feet. Is it a hen? I thought yellow side conures had dark feet.
After such parents it is impossible to say the gender. You need dna. And no, yellow sided always have dark legs
how do I tell a yellow side turquoise from a pineapple turquoise? I don't have a pic of her but she looks like the one pictured in the above pic of a yellow side except she has red above and on sides of her beak. I have a pic of her mother and have been told she is a cinnamon turquoise. I will post the pic and see what you think.
Yellow sided turq has a dark beak, pineapple turq - light beak

Most Reactions

Latest posts