Getting an Eckie soon, got a few questions.

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
I'm quite disappointed, as Harrison's is supposed to be one of the best. But such a huge blindspot when it comes to nutritional needs is quite alarming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steveandbarb1

Mar 28, 2017
Re: cage size. We downsized towards retirement, Buddy's cage is 20x24, but then again, door is open 99% of the time and he usually hangs out on top. I have never caged my birds, other than occasional destruction of kitchen counter if I leave without picking up, never been an issue. We have had occasions where I found him upstairs sleeping with the cats.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Re: cage size. We downsized towards retirement, Buddy's cage is 20x24, but then again, door is open 99% of the time and he usually hangs out on top. I have never caged my birds, other than occasional destruction of kitchen counter if I leave without picking up, never been an issue. We have had occasions where I found him upstairs sleeping with the cats.

Although the first reaction when reading this is to smile and say how cute it is totally irresponsible to leave a bird and cats together. You can never eliminate the risk so please do not let them be together ever, unsupervised. Even if in the room, by the time events have registered and actions happen to save take place, there is still a major window of opportunity for at the least, serious injury or even death.

Last edited:

RisingSun

Feb 6, 2013
Florida
Parrots
cockatiel - Lucy; SI eclectus - Matisse
^glad to hear! Hey, things happen sometimes understandably, so thankfully the outcome was good at the time.

Most Reactions

Latest posts