Gilbert's beach vacation

Quinn_Duncan

Sep 4, 2015
Newbie question- what is the harness thing you use on him? I have a conure, not sure if something like that is available for a bird that size. Love the pics!!

OP
ruffledfeathers

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I use the aviator harness. There are some different ones but this one works well for us. He has the extended flight leash too but only uses it occasionally. It is a heavier shock cord more suited to a large bird (he works to fly far on that but does it occasionally).

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
Oh my goodness. Your video and pictures took my breath away. You can tell he is an incredibly happy bird and you two "own each other". Wow.

Also, thank you for posting that video. I plan on harness training my guys and couldn't quite "picture it". I never bothered to research as they are just starting to fly in the house.

You and Gilbert made it look like you were one. There was total communication and cooperation. What a rare relationship.

PickleMeDickles

May 17, 2015
Southern California
Parrots
SassyByrd (DYH Amazon) JoJo (GCC) Betty (GCC) DEARLY LOVED fids lost to “Teflon Disaster� 12/17 RIP Pickles (GC),RIP Winston (Sun), RIP Lady PLEASE TAKE 5 MINUTES &TOSS OUT ALL YOUR TEFLON NOW!
Sorry to all who read this 2X. Posted on the wrong thread (as goofy as my Suns).

Oh my goodness. Your video and pictures took my breath away. You can tell he is an incredibly happy bird and you two "own each other". Wow.

Also, thank you for posting that video. I plan on harness training my guys and couldn't quite "picture it". I never bothered to research as they are just starting to fly in the house.

You and Gilbert made it look like you were one. There was total communication and cooperation. What a rare relationship.

Most Reactions

Latest posts