wagoncab

Oct 10, 2010
charlotte tn
Parrots
2 parakeets
1 parrolett
1 B&G Macaw
Hi Everyone;
When should I give my bird a bath? Should I put him in the shower or in the tub with a little bit of water.

Merlin is getting more active. 9 weeks old now and I came in the house yesterday and he had climbed up his cage and was sitting in his food dish.:eek:
He couldn't figure out how to get down.LOL He is starting to climb out of his sleeping box too. Won't be long until he is on a perch all the time.
Cindy:blue1:

Cowtown

Aug 4, 2010
Media
Great State of Texas
Parrots
Abby 2 year old Female Eclectus & Solomon 12 year old Male CAG & Dickens 4 year old CAG.
I would start out with a mist bottle with room temperature water. Do not spray in his eyes. I have been doing this with Abby since I got her. I do this 2-3 time a week.

How old is Merlin? I would not put him in the shower yet. the water pressure might be to much for his body just now.

I am going to introduce her to the sprayer in the sink this weekend and see how she like that.

I have a sports mister bottle that pumps up with a real fine nozzle mist. I got it at a sporting goods store a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

willist

Sep 5, 2009
Tequesta Fl.
Parrots
CAG - Willis T.
Greenwing - Auggie
Harlequin - Connie
Blue&Gold - Charly
I have a perch that sticks to the shower wall with suction cups and swings out when its shower time. My Greenwing loves it. After his shower I put him on the shower curtain rod and then I take my shower. We shower like this every Saturday morning.

P.S. I shower more often

Most Reactions

Latest posts