Glues & Apoxy around birds?????

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
OK, I recently adopted an 11 month old Senegal Parrot named Tiki. I have him and his cage in my work room where I spend quite a bit of time daily. A couple of my hobbies include RC Planes and building wooden ship models. I also build wooden RC Planes from balsa and such.

I never really thought about it before but since I have received Tiki, any time I mix up and use a batch of apoxy, I go outside with it. Apoxt fumes aren't good to breath for humans let alone birds.

But I also use lots and lots of Super Glue, also known as CA or Cyanoacrylate. Does anyone here know where the fumes of CA are harmful to birds if they are in the general area of use?

Last edited:

birdiemomma

Dec 2, 2010
California
Parrots
My Hahn's Macaw Bella <3
Good thing your are concerned about your hobby supplies. Here is a reference for you to print out. Pay attention to the everyday household items.
Toxic and Safe Plants/Trees for Birds - Household Poisons

So I checked this list and had a question regarding flowers. You can have these flowers in a vase in your home but it's just ingestion of these flowers that does so correct. For example, if I had a vase of flowers in the kitchen and I relocated them to a closet/closed area while the bird was out it would be okay right?

Most Reactions