Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Seems to be happening every weekend, especially long weekends. Ones where I am around for the weekend and get a chance to spend a lot of time with Salty. I mean I spend 1-2 hours with him every night, between trick training , having dinner with the family and just hanging out with him. But on weekends, we ( he and I) are pretty inseparable. Salty is even allowed into the music studio in the basement and will sit placidly on "his" microphone stand, either being quiet or just lightly singing along with what ever is being recorded.
Breakfast (for him, some eggies, or toast, no butter ) lunch ( first serving of veggies for the day ) 1st dinner ( fruits) and 2nd dinner ( some of what ever bird safe foods we are eating for the meal). 2 trick training sessions per day. Hanging out. Playing with toys with him. Scratching sessions.

My problem is that by Monday , I miss him sooo much its almost painful. And from what my wife says ( who is home all day with him ), he is almost in despair with out me. Constantly looking for me around corners, giving my contact call ( which is a little peep, he uses that for me - everyone in the family has their own contact call ). Salty was getting bitey with my wife , but that has pretty much stopped, because she is patient and works with him every day to reduce that.

But it is evident that we both miss each other. I am thinking about setting up a permanant Skype link with a cheapo notepad to my computer at work, so we are in constant touch. Is that too crazy?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Nope, I don't think it's crazy at all. In fact, I find it sweet that you are thinking of skyping with your little buddy throughout the day. :)

I was riddled with guilt yesterday. We were out for most of the day, so the fids didn't get their allotted 'out' time. By the time we got home I snuggled them extra long, and even though it was dark, I let them stay out much longer than usual. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts