Goldenfeast?

Peeko

Dec 12, 2012
My friend picked up a bag of Goldenfeast treat mix for Peeko, but we noticed it lists salt as an ingredient on the bag (but not on the website) as the 5th to last ingredient. I know salt is a no-no for parrots because they cant sweat it out. Should I chance giving it to him? This is the product. Tropic Fruit IV ?Bits & Pieces? | Goldenfeast Direct

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
That's strange they don't have salt in the ingredient online. If I were you I would email the company and ask them whats up.

Annageckos

Jul 4, 2012
PA, USA
Parrots
Ziva - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
Isn't salt needed to live, like other trace minerals? I know that people (mammals) and birds have different needs, and I know that mammals need trace amounts of salt. I think it has something to do with conducting the electrical signals in the body. Does anyone know if this is the same for birds? I am not suggesting giving your birds salt at all. But isn't a small amount important in a healthy diet?

Just to be clear, I do not give my bird salt.

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
I've always been told that salt in small amounts isn't harmful just not benifcial. So if I let my birds eat of my plate that has a food with salt it is ok, but really of no use for them. I'd say talk to golden feast and see what they have to say im more interested to know why it isn't on there website....

Conurebreeder

Dec 17, 2012
I just ran into uncooked beans in a higgins food I've always purchased.. so now I'll be going through any seed mix I buy.
I only offer seed mix at night or ontop of the cage. they mostly eat zupreem pellets.
I am going to start researching the best seeds for birds and buy each seed seperately, so I know exactly what they are eating.

Annageckos

Jul 4, 2012
PA, USA
Parrots
Ziva - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
I have seen on some seed labels, 'Must cook' or something to that extent. I am not sure what brand/type they were though. It's important to always read the labels and ingredients.

Most Reactions