Good food foe the baby parrots

Salah

Sep 25, 2018
Hi everybody i have baby parrots amazone and i dont knew what the good food to feeding him :green:
I'm worried about him

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
If they are not eating on their own yet PLEASE give them back to where you got them, the breeder will finish weaning them for you. How old are they?

When they are young they need a specific formula, heated up to the correct temperature, to the perfect consistency, and given with the proper tools. If you do not know how to feed formula or know these temperatures or what consistency the formula should be, you should not have these babies and should give htem back. OR find your nearest certified avian vet, who will be able to help you hand-feed them.

If you do not act fast, I'm afraid their lives will be in jeopardy!

OP
S

Salah

Sep 25, 2018
He eating his old 4 month but am asking wht kind of food good for him because his young

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Oh, Salah, I am more than worried... I'm afraid... just like our Bean.

So many questions... what kind of babies... how did you get them... are they even weaned... is there ANYBODY who can help you right now??? Yes, please, take them back to where you got them , if you can't engage an expert or vet or breeder immediately.

You may have only hours! Truly, there is no way we can give you decent advice based on so little info and so many uncertainties!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Hi Salah, why are you worried about them? They are 16 weeks old Amazon's? I'm nit sure the weaning age... Healthy foods are veggies, like squash, romaine lettuce, pumpkin, peas, green beans, carrots, bell pepper, hot chilly peppers, brussel sprouts, stuff like that, and a healthy seed mix , pumpkin seeds, squash seeds, safflower seeds, a few nuts like walnuts, almonds, fruits like strawberry, banana, blackberries, plums, mango, cooked brown rice, cooked oatmeal. I hope this gives you some ideas. No no onion no Avacado no garlic. Never use non stick cookware it Teflon pots and pans the funes will kill your bird... If you can post pictures or tell us more it would help us help you

OP
S

Salah

Sep 25, 2018
Thanks for helping
Laurasea Can i get ur snapchat or instagram thanks

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
Are they fully-weaned and off of formula? If so, you should be feeding them a staple of either a parrot pellet or a healthy seed-mix, with fresh veggies and fruit in addition...

What have you been feeding them and how long have you had them? Why are you worried about them?

I think we're confused and worried because we don't know where you got them (did you breed them, or did you get them from a breeder, shop, etc.) or why you're worried about them, as if they are fully-weaned and no longer eating formula or being fed by their parents, then they should be eating pellets/seed-mix with no issues...

Most Reactions

Latest posts