Goodbye my sweet boy Twigs

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
:( I am so sorry for your loss Julie. Twigs always sounded like such a character, the budgie who thought he was a big parrot. He's flying free now with all the big birds!

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Julie, I am so sorry to see this but don't beat yourself up. You are a great parront. Hugs Honey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Julie, I'm so very sorry for your loss of Twigs. I know how much you love all your birds and Twigs knew it too. You are an exceptional parront to all your babies, Twigs had a happy life with you. I know your heart is breaking, sending you hugs and love.

Fly free, Twigs. You will be forever missed.

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Thank you so very much everyone. Your kind words are really appreciated more than I can say.

I have heard so many times of budgies living into their teens, and this was my goal for Twigs too. Despite the best care and diet, I suspect his genetics were not the greatest, from being a 'bird mill' baby.

Today I will take Twigs' body to the vet for cremation. His late partner came back in a cedar keepsake box in a beautiful fabric pouch, and also came with a heart shape aluminum name tag with his name on it, a clay footprint, and wildflower seeds. I want this for Twigs too. The company is PeacefulPaws.com.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Julie, I wish I could make this awful day easier for you. I remember being so touched by the way PeacefulPaws provided such a personal caring service for you before. I'm glad you are letting them do the same with Twigs, I know it will be comforting to have those sweet keepsakes.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Oh Julie, I am so sorry. Finding any of our precious companions absent life is shocking, particularly when Twigs seemed fully recovered. Please don't blame yourself for not being being with him.

Fly Free, beautiful Twigs.

cottontiel

Apr 8, 2016
I'm so sorry Julie. :(

Although he was very lucky to have lived a life with you and your flock. I'm sure he'll still be around in spirit. :)

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Oh no I'm so sorry. It almost seems more difficult when it is a shock like this.

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
I'm so sorry, Julie [emoji20] You've had such a rough go of things lately, and my heart is breaking for you. I'm sending hugs and my thoughts your way.

Fly free, Twigs. You were well loved and will be thoroughly missed by all ❤️[emoji20]

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Oh, Jules. I am so deeply sorry for your loss, sweetheart.

You're probably right about his genetics, because the care and love you gave him were of the highest caliber. He wanted for nothing, and he couldn't have asked for a more caring parront.

I know you would have wanted to be there for him in his final moments, but what is far more important is all the time that you spent with him while he was here. That's what gave him the quality of life that he so enjoyed. You enriched his life even as he enriched yours.

Sir Twigs, your spirit was always far bigger than the body that housed it. So spread those wings as wide as you always envisioned and fly free, sweet bird.

OrnithAudrey

May 26, 2015
Katy, TX
Parrots
At home: Clover- Alexandrine, Sage- Moustache parakeet
At work: Rio- Hyacinth macaw, Major- Major Mitchell's cockatoo, Fruit Loop- Keel-billed toucan, Bayju- Black palm cockatoo
I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope you find comfort in your precious memories of him and know that you gave him the best life he could have ever hoped for.

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Oh Julie, I'm sorry. Thinking of you xx

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Sending you love and feathered hugs...I'm sorry you are going through this Julie.my thoughts are with you.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Patagonian HUGSZSZSZS!
I can't say it enough... old expression... "May the pain of losing him soon be outweighed by the joy of having had him in your life."

Most Reactions