Please help: Worried that my baby turqouise green cheeked conure will be stressed out.

crystalite

Dec 22, 2023
Parrots
Baby Turquoise Green Cheeked Conure
Hello!

I got my turquoise green cheeked conure yesterday after he was fully weaned from Your Basic Bird nearby. His parents unexpectedly had a clutch of 5 babies and they are all very hyper sweet, and loving! The moment I put him in his cage at my house, he was very excited and followed me everywhere in his cage. He had no problem at all stepping up or being pet on his head. When I left my room he kept on calling me and when I sat down in my desk next to his cage he was glued to my side of his cage. It was past his bedtime so I put a sleeping cover over his cage and he kept on trying to remove it. When that didn't work he was looking at me through a small sliver of space at the bottom it didn't cover.

Today, he is very excited and loves my attention! I'm thinking about introducing him to my living room which isn't that big. I worry that it will stress him out. What do you all think?
Thank you!

Attachments

• image_123986672.JPG
    image_123986672.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 15

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed. Most birds take a few days some longer, to settle in, great your conure is so attentive already. SO a good idea is to play travel agent and show the bird all the real estate in your house. Start showing what glass and mirrors are. One way is let him tap his beak on them so he begins to know what they are, very important if he is flighted.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I honestly don't see what the problem is....

Yes your bird will miss you as it sleeps...

Um I think you hit the lottery on getting a good bird.

yes it needs to sleep in it's cage even if it doesn't like it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts