Gooodbye Jupiter

flightless

Feb 8, 2014
A few days ago I had to say goodbye to my best friend Jupiter, I've had him since high school, about eight years.

He was with me through a lot, I really didn't want him to go, rest in peace.

545827_274327705995991_472607090_n.jpg

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I am so sorry for your loss:(
Fly free, Beautiful Jupiter, you will be missed.

OOwl

Oct 12, 2010
Texas
Parrots
Rosebreasted Cockatoo, Congo Grey, MRH Amazon, Lovebird
What a beautiful boy and name. May he live forever in your memory. I'm sad for your pain. You're in my thoughts.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I'm so very sorry for your loss. :( Rest easy, Jupiter, you will never be forgotten.

Hugs to you, flightless!

ruffledfeathers

Aug 23, 2012
Media
NJ
Parrots
Gilbert Oliver, Blue Crown Conure; Georgie, Sun Conure (2/8/01-8/8/12) RIP little girl; Percy, budgie 1993-1999. RIP Pepito-spanish timbrado canary
I'm so sorry you lost your friend. My first bird love was a budgie and I agree with you that they are just wonderful. Every friend is unique and gets a special piece of us, so I hope time will comfort you with all your happy memories.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Jupiter was such a beautiful budgie. I'm so sorry for your loss. Budgies are amazing little parrots, I know your heart is breaking, hugs to you.

Fly Free Little One, you will always be missed.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I am so sorry Jupiter has passed. He was magnificent and a close companion during your early adulthood.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss :(. Jupiter was a beautiful boy, and a very special friend. It's rough, I do understand.

OP
F

flightless

Feb 8, 2014
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss :(. Jupiter was a beautiful boy, and a very special friend. It's rough, I do understand.

Thank you all, I feel bad for my cockatiel Aries. Jupiter was alreadya few years old when I got my cockatiel as a baby and they had a special connection.They diud not like being separated so when I had to do things like nail trims, car rides, etc. they always had to go together.

Aries and Jupiter usually wake me up around 8-9 AM but Aries has been very quiet i nthe morning these past few days.

OP
F

flightless

Feb 8, 2014
I've been very depressed because Jupiter was my best friend. He's been with me through, high school, college, He's always been there. We had an interesting relationship.

At the time I originally wanted a snake, but ended up with this blue budgie that was not hand tame (came from PETSMART) and did not like people. Then there was this one day when I was watching the series finale of The Last Airbender and he actually came outside of his enclosure to watch tv and eat food.

Unlike Aries, he liked to do things on his own terms, but did sort of "hand tamed" himself. I mean this in that he would let me pick him up if needed and would always fly on my head or on my back if I was on the bed and mess with ym hair and stuff. When he was having problems with his nose at one point he let me apply his medicine with no issues.He came such a long way from being not hand tame and disliking people, to developing a bond to the point where he actually didn't like it when me or Aries was gone.

Most Reactions