got Lincoln's bloodwork back

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Appointment has been moved to Tuesday at 2pm as the vets have more available time to thoroughly get all the samples and they also have 2 technicians in that day that a familiar with birds in addition to the vet.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
I'm really anxious for his appointment, I hope all goes well... he's still acting relatively fine other than the occasional odd poop that's really watery but then he goes back to normal poops. Seeing no other symptoms of anything else being wrong. He's still eating fine and still feeds his toys (ugh) he's sleeping fine, he still love his showers. Apollo also isn't showing anything being wrong. I don't know if neither of them showing much of any symptoms is good or bad. I don't know if we just by chance caught it very early and it might develop into something worse or if it's just... something small and easy to remedy.

Does anyone know what the process is for the tests I listed? I don't want it to be too physically and emotionally stressing on him to be doing it all in one day, would it be better to split the tests into 2 or 3 days?

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
They might as well do it all in the same draw---as long as it isn't too much blood---re-sticking him would be harder in my opinion. As long as they know, they should be able to break up the samples.

OP
Owlet

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
20190619_095027.jpg

now we wait.

he did surprisingly good at the vet. Screamed a little bit at first then settled down. He was actually grinding his beak afterwards. What a weird bird

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Lol- My bird sometimes is weird about the vet too---she actually likes her (even though Noodles still hates going).

I am glad you will finally be able to rule out some of the major issues that may or may not be contributing to Lincoln's health issues!

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Crikey! :eek: as beautiful/handsome as they are...Ekkies would drive me bonkers! :52: C'mon Lincoln...give the Doc some definitive answers now,willya?? :confused:

Jim

Most Reactions