Got nipped for the first time :(

itsjoyceduh

Jun 9, 2015
California
Parrots
Bella the BFA
So today when I touched Bella's beak she bit me! It hurt so much I was crying .. I don't think I can keep her if she keeps doing this ... I'm so scared of her

Haha just kidding ! Of course I knew what I was getting in to when getting an Amazon. She did nip me today when I was touching her Beak. I didn't pull away because I didn't want to give her an impression that when she bites I'll move my hand away so that's probably why it drew some blood. So I put her down on my lap, couldn't walk away because I was at the pet store haha and after she calmed down I picked her up she tried to bite so I followed birdman666 advice I put my finger on her beak to show her I'm the boss and that's a no no. I think it helped !

I think she forgot the harness :( she still freaks out... Was super hard to put it on her again cas she kept flying and after it was on she was flying away. I think it would be easier to harness train her at home because she flies to other cages in the store .. But !!! After I put it on I immediately walked outside with her she was SUPER CALM she was curious and happy looking around. I gave her some banana and almonds to let her know she's doing a good job.

The lady said keep doing the harness training and it'll be better :(

So there was a family that purchased a African grey and the lady told them not to overwhelm the bird as they were surrounding it offering it food and toys and like they wanted to bird to step up but was afraid to and this one guy asked it to step up. As the bird reached out with his beak towards his hand and his leg up he moved his hand !! The poor bird fell down ! And the lady had to rush in and picked the bird up and told them that they shouldn't do that because the bird is trying to reach out to you not bite you. What was worse is when the bird fell they ALL. Backed away and looked terrified. I believe the grey will be their first bird....

Most Reactions

Latest posts