Guard Amazon Kelly

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
So today I've had some kind of allergic reaction to either the over abundance of Maryland crabs I've been eating the last four days or the new lotion/wash. When I got home I took some allergy pills...I had just enough time to eat dinner, let
Folger and Kelly out, and grab a pillow before passing out on the couch from the pills. I knew that they could cause drowsiness but I didn't expect them to be that effective in knocking me out!

Anyway Kelly wandered over the back of the couch, climbed down onto my side where I was curled up, and sat with me while I was out. My very own guard Amazon:D I remember waking up a couple times from him grabbing my skin every once in awhile (possibly to see if I was still alive) and me grabbing him and pushing him away. Then, I accidentally kicked him when he moved to the arm of the couch:54: Very tolerant guard Amazon!

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
Awww. What a very loyal bird. :)

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Awwww... he knew you weren't feeling well and was making sure no pumas or eagles ate you while you were sick:)

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Hahaha Jeanne came over for dinner today since we had an adopter over. She wanted me to go out and pick up something from the grocery store for her....I jokingly told her I wanted a bird in exchange. And she's like which one and I told her really guess. Byron my stepfather guessed harlequin which is a no because I just don't have that kind of time for him and I really don't feel that amazing connection to him, then Jeanne guessed an Amazon...another no because Kelly ruined me for other amazons and I have high expectations now:p

The correct guess came from mother and Jeanne went oh yeah and then well convince John. It's an old foster that I had that hasn't found a home and he tried to follow me across the room the last time I was there....

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts