Gracie bath time - video's

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Kelly, no matter what/how I tried with Smokey,she just hated showers or baths. A misting bottle,she would just hunker down,pull in all her feathers as tight as she could and lower her head and shake it back and forth.
She did the same thing in the shower,or if I put her in the tub and gently spayed her with the shower head.
She refused to step into any size/type of dish or bowl.
BUT...as soon as I put her back into her house,she'd run to her water bowl and dunk herself silly,tossing her head back and forth and waving her arms like a mad bird :rolleyes:

Jim

OP
GraciesMom

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Gracie - CAG | Rookie - BRHP
Lol Jim those stories about Jonesy are sooo funny

Yea I gotta admit I had to hold back a chuckle or two when she used them in context

Sounds like Smokey was a hoot. I love watching the water play its so much fun. Gracie will shower as long as I'm in the shower she plays a lot - lol no videos in there tho :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
GraciesMom

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Third week running :) I'm so excited that water bowl bath time after Sunday shower has become a habit for Miss Gracie. She gets a shower daily but only has this 2-3 hr. run of water bowl fun on Sunday's it's so great to see!

Here's a few vids of her playing

[ame="https://youtu.be/kUN4tZMlSG0"]Gracie fun with water bowl [/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/a6jV2_YIS24"]Gracie fun with water bowl 2[/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/oiIE_nJzRlk"]Gracie fun with water bowl 3[/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/SQBaJ5sSoeA"]Gracie fun with water bowl 4[/ame]

[ame="https://youtu.be/rco9EJ8fq1Y"]Gracie fun with water bowl 5[/ame]

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Great videos of Miss Gracie enjoying her leisurely Sunday splash about bath...I see her ringing the bell alot too is that to call her servants to refresh the bathwater hee hee...she is such a Great character...I wish Mr Biggles would enjoy a bath like that but sadly every shower or bath time is a forced event here...maybe ine day he will take a leaf out of Miss Gracies book and learn to enjoy a good splash about bath ....I enjoyed the videos very much thank you for sharing them :)

OP
GraciesMom

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Thanks for the lovely comments! I have so much fun watching her :) I NEVER would have believed it could be possible for her. She was so afraid of water it's still a wonder to me. The break thru was definitely showering with her and letting her stay dry & watch me for quite awhile before I invited her in. Even then I kept her to the dry end of the tub & before long she'd just run in and out of the water @ my feet. We've advanced a lot after that.

lol @ bell ringing the servant - yep I'm sure she is. Same with "cmere" & "water" the "maid" i.e. me needs to refill it lol

I hope one day Mr. Biggles surprises you too... apparently playing in ones water dish is loads of fun.

After our fun - which has gone on for hours now. I sat down @ the computer armoire next to her cage to get some work done while she was munching on some lunch.
Ever get the feeling you are being watched?

Stalker?
graciesmom-albums-gracie-picture16723-stalker.jpeg

BIRDIGIRL

Jan 25, 2016
Mayo Ireland
Parrots
Rodney Blue Fronted Amazon
RIP Mr Biggles White Fronted Amazon , Elsa and Little Nellow the Lutino Budgies, Lady Primrose a Pied Budgie and English Budgies Houdini Popeye and Olive
Thanks for the lovely comments! I have so much fun watching her :) I NEVER would have believed it could be possible for her. She was so afraid of water it's still a wonder to me. The break thru was definitely showering with her and letting her stay dry & watch me for quite awhile before I invited her in. Even then I kept her to the dry end of the tub & before long she'd just run in and out of the water @ my feet. We've advanced a lot after that.

lol @ bell ringing the servant - yep I'm sure she is. Same with "cmere" & "water" the "maid" i.e. me needs to refill it lol

I hope one day Mr. Biggles surprises you too... apparently playing in ones water dish is loads of fun.

After our fun - which has gone on for hours now. I sat down @ the computer armoire next to her cage to get some work done while she was munching on some lunch.
Ever get the feeling you are being watched?

Stalker?
graciesmom-albums-gracie-picture16723-stalker.jpeg

Ha ha thats a Brilliant pic...you really are being watched very closely hee hee Great shot...not much happens unknown to Miss Gracie :) Its wonderful how she got over her fear of water ...she is so lucky to have you and your family and you guys too are indeed very Blessed to have her :) I love that pic :)

OP
GraciesMom

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Ha ha thats a Brilliant pic...you really are being watched very closely hee hee Great shot...not much happens unknown to Miss Gracie :) Its wonderful how she got over her fear of water ...she is so lucky to have you and your family and you guys too are indeed very Blessed to have her :) I love that pic :)

I was cracking up I didn't even realize she had maneuvered into a position to have that sneaky view of me. I love that pic too - so funny.
She really is a something.. cracks me up all the time.

It's so wonderful to see her overcome it - she drank out of her water dish with no problems just a few minutes ago - I am over the moon you've got no idea! Blessed is right - she's wonderful

Still smiling :)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Kelly, I am ecstatic that Gracie seems to have gotten over her fear, and now she is drinking from her dish?!? These are giant steps for her, way to go , Sweet Gracie.
Kelly, you are doing an amazing job with her.

OP
GraciesMom

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Kelly, I am ecstatic that Gracie seems to have gotten over her fear, and now she is drinking from her dish?!? These are giant steps for her, way to go , Sweet Gracie.
Kelly, you are doing an amazing job with her.

Thanks Terry! She is doing really well.

I think my favorite thing is the work is a waggly red tail.
I told her she's gonna be a big sis soon so maybe she's trying to get some good examples going lol I say this as she is literally next to me tearing apart my paperwork... maybe not then :)

I'm thrilled for my lil stalker. She moved in closer... I don’t think I’m supposed to notice lol
graciesmom-albums-gracie-picture16724-sneaky-stalker.jpeg

OP
GraciesMom

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Gracie was ready to cool down today :)

Here's some Sunday Funday bath videos
So happy she is continuing to embrace playing in her dish
She only does it on Sunday's after her shower lol

Lol I guess you can only watch so many vids of a bathing parrot but it just cracks me up so thought I'd share!

[ame="http://youtu.be/9oEBCyUswT8"]Bath time[/ame]
[ame="http://youtu.be/azct6u9bNls"]Weee[/ame]
[ame="http://youtu.be/K_w_vDnoLnQ"]Funday Bath[/ame]
[ame="http://youtu.be/aTNUUvWBLa8"]Gracie playing [/ame]

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Gracie is so cute! I love her set up there, what a lucky and happy girl :). I see with the GRACIE blocks the G is gone now :D. The pic with her spying on you through the armoire door that's hilarious :).

OP
GraciesMom

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Lol yea we nicknamed her Racie after she changed her name by demolishing that G.

Thanks I had to change it up a few weeks ago outta nowhere she decided her toys no longer could be up with her net and boing lol
I change her stuff up a lot keep her on her talons lol

She loves plastic chains kinda goes crazy playing with them so I keep them outside the cage so I can supervise

She's such a lil stalker I catch her peeking at me thru stuff all time but that's my fav

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Nice bath routine Gracie :p My Smokey HATED baths,or showers.. If I used a misting bottle,she would just hunker down,feathers all tight,and just shake her head in disgust. If I put her in the tub/shower,the same thing..
BUT...as soon as she went back to her house,she made a beeline for her water bowl,then dunk herself silly.

If I put a bowl of water on her roof,or kitchen table or counter...she wouldn't even look at it..Couldn't figure that girl out..sighhhh...I miss her..:eek:

Jim

OP
GraciesMom

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Aww I hear ya. Gracie won't touch any other water bowls either just that one
Sounds like ya got a lot of great memories !

Most Reactions

Latest posts