Green Cheek Chitter Chatter

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
"Apple" Yellow-sided Green Cheeck Conure
So, my guy isn't a very vocal bird and have only heard him say his name a couple of times... I absolutely LOVE it when he is in a chattery mood. Most of the time I cannot understand what he says if he does say anything at all. Here he is singing along to Amy Winehouse... Only thing I recognize are the kissy noises. Who can make out what he's saying? Lol!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AVY1GcZoDY]Yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure - YouTube[/ame]

OP
PrettyInInk87

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
another better video...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAruWQVQYsQ]Yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure - YouTube[/ame]

Bobioden

Jun 27, 2011
Denver
Parrots
Maxx & Emma -Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conures (Male & Female)
The video AND Amy Winehouse were both scary to my YSGCC. :)

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lol no idea what apple is saying, but nuts replying with loud shrieks lol

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
Auggie had the same reaction as Bobioden.

Luckily he and I have fairly similar tastes in music.

Appropriately, his favorite:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZThquH5t0ow]The Trashmen : Surfin' Bird ( 1963 ) - YouTube[/ame]

OP
PrettyInInk87

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
Hahahahahah!! Oh my god Apple LOVED it but I think he was more confused than anything. Awesome song! I should have caught that on video, too funny. Thanks for the song!

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I do have two cats -Riply & Nano bites-
four snakes- china, dip & stick, and Grand Chahee-
I heard "pretty bird" a few times, and he keept saying "hay you" or at least thats what I heard, Your a good teacher!! and Wonderful vid, he was SO cute, I want one badly now!

OP
PrettyInInk87

PrettyInInk87

Jul 6, 2011
San Diego
Parrots
Awwww! Really?! So cute! Those are phrases I do use. :D I have also heard him say "good morning" but only afer I say it. Wow, you have great ears! I still can't make out what he says most of the time.

Kokihi

Aug 11, 2010
Santa Barbara county, California
Parrots
One Green Cheek Conure: Tori
I remember when Tori first started learning to talk. XD I was so excited that he said something that sort of sounded close to what I say to him. Now it seems he learns new words every day. :D

xreinx

May 24, 2011
Alaska
Parrots
-no parrots yet-
I do have two cats -Riply & Nano bites-
four snakes- china, dip & stick, and Grand Chahee-
I hang around with bird people all the time (bird envy big time, can be a little jealous now and again (cant have a bird) ) and I learned a long time ago, not all birds speak in clear english, my aunts bird had a vocab like his, she always sang Beaver BEE, and other... words... (she came from two other homes, both previous owners died, but she was kept in the family) that I cant say, but she had a good vocab, it was fun to hear her, even though I couldent often repeat what she was saying.

Most Reactions

Latest posts