Greetings! new bird brain here!

mandolynn

Feb 25, 2012
ND
Parrots
Indian Ringneck Parakeet(Flora)
Red headed Amazon(Paco)
Family Parrots-
Blue Crowned Conure(Sapphire) Mitred Conure(Sammy) Severe Macaw(Nikita)
Hi, my name is mandolynn. I have had birds most of my 26 years, my first being a cockatiel at age 3. I personally only have an 18 year old IRN named Flora, I want more, but Flora doesn't react well and I have a zoo already. I come from a family of bird brains, that's what my dad call bird lovers, and my parents have a BCC and a Mitred Conure, and share custody of my lil bros severe macaw. All our birds are adopted and had troubling pasts. I also have 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 red foot tortoises, a leopard gecko, and a fish tank. I am a animal lover to the core.

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Welcome to the flock! We would love to see pictures. By the way, I love your name! Very pretty. :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Welcome to the forum fellow bird brain.... :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Hey there Bird Brain, welcome make yourself at home
LoL where do you find time for humans in your life?
We would love to see some pic's if you able to
Later

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Welcome to our flock! You do have a pretty and unusual name. Don't be offended if I name a pet after you some day, lol! I really like it.

OP
mandolynn

mandolynn

Feb 25, 2012
ND
Parrots
Red headed Amazon(Paco)
Family Parrots-
I will be posting picks, they are all on my Pc which is nonfunctional at the moment. Flora is afraid of cameras, even phones, so getting decent pics of her isn't easy. My IRN has a flight cage, 42x42x24, and a large grapevine stand. Her favorite thing to do is snuggle under my neck and go with me everywhere. Her favorite food is baby carrots, but she is a good eater and loves all the veggies, fruit, and homemade food i give her every day. Otherwise her staple diet is pellets and nutriberries. Before I bought her, i was actually planning on getting a parrotlet, but on a visit to my local bird store, i noticed this older former breeder who looked so sad. The workers told me she was not tame and was overly aggressive, but said i could try to get her out. She stepped up immediately and made the trademark ringneck kissing noises. I was in love. 10 years later, she is still my Bird soulmate.

OP
mandolynn

mandolynn

Feb 25, 2012
ND
Parrots
Red headed Amazon(Paco)
Family Parrots-
I will be posting picks, they are all on my Pc which is nonfunctional at the moment. Flora is afraid of cameras, even phones, so getting decent pics of her isn't easy. My IRN has a flight cage, 42x42x24, and a large grapevine stand. Her favorite thing to do is snuggle under my neck and go with me everywhere. Her favorite food is baby carrots, but she is a good eater and loves all the veggies, fruit, and homemade food i give her every day. Otherwise her staple diet is pellets and nutriberries. Before I bought her, i was actually planning on getting a parrotlet, but on a visit to my local bird store, i noticed this older former breeder who looked so sad. The workers told me she was not tame and was overly aggressive, but said i could try to get her out. She stepped up immediately and made the trademark ringneck kissing noises. I was in love. 10 years later, she is still my Bird soulmate. I could go on and on about her and my parents' birds, and the ones I rehabilitated or hand raised during my career as an manager in the pet industry, but i would ramble. Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Most Reactions

Latest posts