Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
My husband is home on weekends, not all of them

Not ALL of your husbands Allee?? Just one of them? :eek: LOL (couldn't resist)

Congrats on Griffin! Hes very handsome, love those blue baby feathers! :) I've never seen a Ruppells before, are the much bigger or different personality wise to a Senegal?

Thanks!:)
I always say that the 5 smaller Poicephalus (Senegal, Meyers, Red Bellied, Brown Headed, Ruppell's) are the "same model, different paint job" :)

There actually could be quite a bit of variance in size, but I believe that's more individual genetics than species. Right now Griffin is smaller enough than Robin to be visually noticeable, and Robin is even small for a Red Bellied. Griffin may get a little bigger upon maturity? I'm nor sure. Even the width of his head is a lot smaller than Robin. I guess just like people, some are smaller or larger framed.

Personality wise, though "they say" Senegals and Red Bellied are feistier, and the other 3 are mellower, I don't know that I believe that it is species as much as it is just individuality. The five smaller Poi's are all very similar in GENERAL characteristics. :)

Diesel_Hyland

May 26, 2013
Media
Tuakau, New Zealand
Parrots
'Diesel' the Alexandrine
Oh wow, I'm and Alexandrine fan but wee Griffin is just SOOOOO gorgeous! Stunning colours. Looks like he is settling in fine and enjoying all the Paparazzi!!!!!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Griffin is gorgeous, Julie! And he seems to have so much personality! Sorry he picked your hubby first, but it's still early days! You may become his person yet!

Thank you for sharing his pics! And like Terry said, keep 'em coming!

witchbaby

Feb 4, 2014
Virginia
Parrots
cinnamon turquoise gcc - luna,
pineapple gcc - drago,
galah/rose breasted cockatoo - merlin,
timneh african grey - jasper,
pied cockatiel - picasso,
blue & gold macaw - mia
So glad Griffin is finally home! I love his colors! It's a shame the blue won't stay, but he'll still be handsome either way. Keep the photos comin'!

I'm seriously considering adding a Poi to my flock in the future. They've really caught my attention. Thank you for that. :)

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
Whaaaaa! SO CUTE! And that sounds like Shiko and I, honestly. I brought him home, let him out, I'm the first person he sees, and then I'm gone the next day for work, come home, and he's all over my boyfriend! :eek:

I can't wait for more pictures! It's amazing how adorable they are when they're young, they just look so innocent :) Congratulations on your new baby boy :D!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
He is so pretty! I love that blue color on his back...even if he is going to lose it:)

I bet you are so happy and excited to have him home!

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Wow!!! Griffin is STUNNING!!! Love all of his colors!!!

And how sweet is that- he loves that toy!!!! I mean bed... LOL

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

Hahaha! High comedy, Julie!
I never would have pegged sweet Allee for the keeper of a Man-Harem! Wow. You think you know people! ;-)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts

Hahaha! High comedy, Julie!
I never would have pegged sweet Allee for the keeper of a Man-Harem! Wow. You think you know people! ;-)

Lol!! I deserved that!! Missed it completely until Julie and Stephen so kindly pointed it out. Ty. I meant my one husband is not home on all weekends. I'm very embarrassed. Touché Stephen, you just never know.

deshud

Jul 13, 2013
Parrots
1 parrotlett
1 whitecapped pi
soon 1 blue headed pi
Congratulations, what a beautiful baby! I love that toy, where did you get it? I think Oz would love it. I'm having troubles getting him to play with toys, noted he's starting to chew his wooden perch, so I went out and bought a wooden toy, which he ignores!

Debbie

Blancaej

Apr 5, 2013
Middlebury, VT
Parrots
CAG Quincy - BD 3/27/00. Gotcha 6/00 ~ GW Macaw Savannah - BD 6/21/93. Gotcha 4/13 ~ B&G Macaw Coqui - BD 9/3/03. Gotcha 10/13 ~ Blue Crown Conure Sidney - BD Unknown Approx 5 Years Old. Gotcha 6/15/
He is gorgeous! Congrats!!

OP
RavensGryf

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Congratulations, what a beautiful baby! I love that toy, where did you get it? I think Oz would love it. I'm having troubles getting him to play with toys, noted he's starting to chew his wooden perch, so I went out and bought a wooden toy, which he ignores!

Debbie

Thanks Debbie, follow this link second page to get info about the toy... I've seen it sold at many places (both online and stores) which specialize in bird stuff. By Super Bird Creations. Their toys are sold sold almost everywhere :)
http://www.parrotforums.com/parrot-toys/45504-look-what-i-got-griffin-2.html

Drs. Foster and Smith have it here for a good price too.
Pet Supplies, Dog Supplies, Cat Supplies, Pet Meds & Pet Products - Search Results for flying trapeze

ShaunaR

Supporting Member
Jun 5, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Pixie the White Bellied Caique
What a beautiful boy! Congratulations! I agree his blue coloring is gorgeous. I bet you are very happy!

Most Reactions

Latest posts