Growth on Conure's eye

mboundy

Dec 27, 2018
Hello everyone,

We noticed a growth on one eye of our pineapple conure. A picture is attached. We noticed an hour ago and made an appointment with the best avion vet we know in our state. The appointment isn't until the 25th though.

Has anyone seen this condition? Any information would be helpful.

Praying it is not a cancer.

Mike
95712cde842a1f91f12e7b57be272e6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Very possibly a growth, but could be a skin flake or something like that.

The question becomes when you first saw it and whether it appears semi-moist or dry?

Good for you in first setting-up a visit to your Avian Medical Professional. Consider asking to be informed of any cancelations!

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Is he outdoors at all?

Humans can get similar looking things from sun exposure, dust etc. Not sure if it is similar at all...seriously, no clue.

Did you send the vet a picture? If they are super concerned, sometimes they will adjust the date.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Did the growth develop and enlarge slowly, or rapid onset? Any changes to the rate of development?

I'd send a pic to the vet and request a move-up appointment if warranted, as suggested by noodles123 and Sailboat.

Hope it is nothing serious, please keep us updated!

OP
M

mboundy

Dec 27, 2018
UPDATE: yesterday evening Prim (the one with the eye concern) and Poco (my Cinnamon Conure) were grooming each other and Poco removed it. Maybe a flap of the eyelid was torn. She seems fine now. We are keeping a close eye on her (pun intended) until the appt.

Thank you for the post.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Well that is interesting! Perhaps it was a piece of dead skin, presuming the removal was clean with no irritation.

Seems prudent to keep original exam date, please let us know the outcome!

Most Reactions